Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1622 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts


In Civil procedure rules if the Defendant is an individual, the case is automatically transferred to his home court.


what if the defendant is a limited company? Can a claimant (another limited company) select a court at his home court?


pls can some one advise me on this


thank you

all the best


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are an individual suing a company then the claim will almost always be transferred to your own home court.


At some point you will get a directions questionnaire ending will ask if you have any view on which court. Given the name of your local court and say that it is because you are a private individual and the other side is a business.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I've just noticed that you're saying that both sides are limited companies. In that event, the case will be transferred to the defendant's local court unless there are some special circumstances but they would have to be pretty persuasive

Link to post
Share on other sites

Make your case for why it should be heard at your closest court.


Who has the most heavy or bulky evidence to bring?

Any expert witnesses (or other witnesses) who will have to be paid to travel?

Any access (disability) issues on either side?.

Which court has the least time until able to hear the case?

Link to post
Share on other sites


i sent the request but then it occurred to me

.......Do i make the request using n244 form?

Pls let me know


thank you

All the best/BF



No, just your letter.


Very little point wasting hundreds of pounds on a formal application.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ganymede

Great to hear from you. How are you?

thank you very much. I wrote to all the courts and copied each one.

i am registered disable.

so lets see what they say.

I think i should write to the other side also .. what do you think?

all the best/BF

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm good thanks, you?


You could ask if the other side will agree to the case being transferred but I doubt they'll agree so just wait to see what the Court fee.


There's not much that you can do if your request is denied though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...