• Tweets

• Perfect. Nice and brief and to the point. You don't bother to start telling your life story. Just the way it should be. Send it off. You have probably done enough reading to understand that it won't make any difference don't start drafting your particulars of claim. Open an account with the MoneyClaim County Court system and start preparing. Post your particulars of claim here before you click it off. You may have noticed that at some point you will be asked if you want to go to mediation on this. We used to advise it but now we recommend that you decline mediation and go to trial. Your chances of success are much better than 95%. Going to trial will incur an additional hearing fee but of course you will get that back. However if you go to mediation, they will simply try to penny pinch and to get you to compromise and also they will sign you up to a confidentiality agreement and probably threaten you if you breach it. Not only that, if the mediation fails because you stand your ground, it will add additional delay while they then give you a date to go to trial. The best thing to do is to decline mediation – prepare for court hearing. Pay the extra fee. The chances are that rather than get a judgement against them they will then offer you a full settlement rather than go to court. If they do offer you full settlement then you will be obliged to accept it – but that's what you want. If they don't offer you full settlement then you will go to trial and there will be a judgement against them. Just so that you understand, our first interest is that you get your money back – but a close second is that it does go to trial and there is a judgement which we will then be able to use to help other people. Anyway as you should realise, we will help you all the way.
    • I sent a parcel to Singapore but i spelt the address incorrecltly by 1 letter so the parcel couldnt be delivered and was returned back to the Uk but checking the tracking today the parcel had returned to the UK but is somehow on its way back to Singapore as the tracking says "Item leaving the UK"    Ive spoken ( tweeted) Royal Mail help who confirm that the parcel seems to be going back to Singapore and that if its not " Delivered" by the 29th of April theyll deem it as lost and will accept a claim but i cant remeber when booking what the compensation amount was but i dont think it covers the amount of the item.  As it was my fault that it wasnt delivered in the first place can i trey and claim the full amount back ? i think if i remember correctly it was £50 compensation but the item was £170 So the timeline is thus ...   22nd Of March .    Booked via P2G & dropped off a Post Office.  25th March arrives in Singapore and goes through customs ect ect 26th   Incorrect address and item is flagged as "return to sender" 28th Item leaves Overseas intenational processing centre 15th of April , Item is leaving the Uk (Again)   ?    
    • Post the NTK up here for the regulars to double-check. I highly doubt it's compliant with POFA though. Ignore the deforestation that comes unless it's ever a letter of claim. Any luck with the organ grinder?
    • Probably the case @lookinforinfo Also an update, I've got the registered keeper letter. Just to check that I continue to ignore it until PAP letter comes in?
    • Thanks very much Bank. I've now done a lot of reading and have drafted my Letter of Claim as attached. I look forward to your comments. 16Apr24 draft Letter of Claim against Parcel2Go.pdf16Apr24 draft Letter of Claim against Parcel2Go.pdf16Apr24 draft Letter of Claim against Parcel2Go.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

1st Credit claiming - old HSBC OD

xxxxhelpxxxx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am in the process of trying to sort out my partners finances. He has several debts but I will post them in different threads.

The first is 1st Credit and HSBC. I thought it was a credit card so sent off a CCA request to which he got a fairly standard reply that they were sorry he has a dispute and they would contact the original company for more information.

Fast forward about three weeks and he received a package of papers containing a covering letter saying that debt relates to an overdraft and is therefore exempt from Part V of the Consumer Credit Act 1974; a facility letter; default terms and conditions (dated 2014) and a load of statements.

I know I did the wrong thing by using a CCA request. Anything I can do to rectify the situation now?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

history of the debt please

is on credit files

and is it defaulted?

you say takeout date was 2014? bit quick for HSBC to sell it on?

whos the owner on the credit file?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if it shows of CRA file then there must be a defaulted date?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Defaulted 19 May 2015. And the account was started in 1985. There is a standard overdraft arrangement letter (printed from their records I presume) with his account details on. No date but the letter does say that the overdraft expires in October 2013.

1985!

99.9% reclaimable charges

and they

i would expect so.

how much are they trying to fleece you for

no wonder HSBC sold it on!

and they

get all the statements from day one by an sar to HSBC

and they

they aren't but if you can prove the balance is substantially unlawful charges and interest then that needs to be dealt with and put up your sleeve should they ever wish to chance a claim form.

use the CISHEET.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011

for an account starting 1985 £2k will be easy to reach!!

and they

• 1 year later...

you mean a pre action protocol letter?

dx

and they

• 3 months later...

we have never lost an OD claim yet.

moved to legals.

dx

and they

and they

Name of the Claimant ?

Intrum UK Finance Limited

Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to.

10 Apr 2018

Date of issue

10 April + 19 days = 29 April + 14 days to submit defence = 9 May

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Please type out their particulars of claim in full (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round the amounts up/down.

"The Claimant is the assignee of Hsbc Bnk Plc

Debt in the sun of £2664 assigned on 23/3/2016. Statuatory notices of assignment were sent to the Defendant. On 01/03/2018 the Claimant changed its name from 1st Credit (Finance) Ltd to Intrum Finance Ltd. The debt is for arrears on an overdraft facility and the account was opened by the original creditor on or about 28/06/1985 under reference xyz.

The Defendant used the credit facilities.

On 19/05/2015 the account defaulted with an outstanding amount of £2,302.

The Claimant and its predecessors in title demanded repayment of the sum due.

In breach of the contract the Defendant failed to repay the sums due

AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS

1. The sum of £2,302

2. Statutory INTEREST pursuant t S.69 County Courts Act 1984 at 8% per annum from 05/04/2016 until Judgement or sooner payment"

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ?

Not to my knowledge

What is the value of the claim?

£2,850

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account?

Bank overdraft

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007?

Before 2007

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.

Assigned

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment?

Yes

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor?

Yes

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ?

No

Why did you cease payments?

Became unemployed, changed job and moved

What was the date of your last payment?

Around beginning of 2015

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved?

No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management planicon?

No

You seriously need to get moving on this

You've already wasted 15 of you allocated 33 days

Have you ack'd the claim on mcol website and sent the CPR 31:14??

and they

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.

register as an individual

note the long gateway number given

then log in

select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.

then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.

and they

We have had some family things going on that prevented us from concentrating on this.

Have edited and printed the letter. Just going to acknowledge on MCOL and say we are defending this.

Is there any point in going back to First Credit (Intrum) and offering them one of the amounts that they have suggested in the past? What are the chances of him being able to successfully defend this claim>

Thank you for all your help so far

we've never lost an OD claim yet whereby its not been subject to judge lottery.

and they

did you ever get that SAR sent in November to get all the statements

and they

Did you ever have a card or loan too

and they