Harlands demands for Xercise4Less gym

phinic1411
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

My daughter aged 16 has had letters from her bank saying a DD had bounced for Harlands. She has been down and the bank cancelled it as she is 16 she does not incur charges. She has now had letters from Harlands saying that she owes them £59.99. This includes £25 admin fees.

I googled who they were and took no notice. However i am personally now getting texts from x4l who i have just googled and it came up with xercise4less. Looked at their website and no way to contact them. Googled the number that was in the text and came up with Harlands.

Now she hasnt even signed up for a gym membership but is being threatened with action to recover the costs. Any advice on what to do on this would be grateful. I have seen previous posts that contacting them is a waste of time. TIA

Hi.

My daughter aged 16 has had letters from her bank saying a DD had bounced for Harlands. She has been down and the bank cancelled it as she is 16 she does not incur charges. She has now had letters from Harlands saying that she owes them £59.99. This includes £25 admin fees.

I googled who they were and took no notice. However i am personally now getting texts from x4l who i have just googled and it came up with xercise4less. Looked at their website and no way to contact them. Googled the number that was in the text and came up with Harlands.

Now she hasnt even signed up for a gym membership but is being threatened with action to recover the costs. Any advice on what to do on this would be grateful. I have seen previous posts that contacting them is a waste of time. TIA

you need to start a new thread

of your own

please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Phinic and welcome to CAG

You can use this thread from now on.

Please confirm, are you saying YD has never been to this gym and has no knowledge of any m/ship.

Or perhaps she joined but without actually signing anything.

Or maybe she joined with a friend without you knowing and now regrets it.

If she joined as a minor, she cannot be bound by any contract or agreement with the gym because she's a minor.

Just ignore any contact from Harlands and/or the gym. We'll help you deal with this when we have the info you need.

Any admin fees they add are NOT enforceable so don't worry about that aspect.

:-)

Edited by slick132

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Phinic and welcome to CAG

You can use this thread from now on.

Please confirm, are you saying YD has never been to this gym and has no knowledge of any m/ship.

Or perhaps she joined but without actually signing anything.

Or maybe she joined with a friend without you knowing and now regrets it.

If she joined as a minor, she cannot be bound by any contract or agreement with the gym because she's a minor.

Just ignore any contact from Harlands and/or the gym. We'll help you deal with this when we have the info you need.

Any admin fees they add are NOT enforceable so don't worry about that aspect.

Hi Slick and thank you.

She has never attended this gym only the local leisure centre where she does have membership. Never knew about a company with this name never mind where they are.

All correspondence has been ignored as i thought that best but bow texts im getting are daily. She has her own phone so im not sure why im getting texts unless its a hoax somewhere. Just a presumption.

Hi Phinic,

Harlands run the admin and DD collection for many large and small gyms. Also, they run the admin for leisure centres.

Is it possible this is actually about the m/ship YD has with the leisure centre, only you didn't know it was Harlands that handle the admin. YD needs to check her bank statements to see if the leisure centre m/ship has not been paid for some reason.

If you ask the leisure centre, they'll be able to tell you if Harlands run their admin.

If you're sure it's noting to do with the leisure centre, can you tell us any more about the bank and the DD. Harlands can only take money from an a/c if they have a signed DD mandate that is lodged at YD's bank. Was there a DD mandate that YD cancelled when she visited.

Ignore all demands from Harlands or CRS for now and don't worry about them demanding increasing amounts. They're full of hot air !!

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Slick

There was a dd mandate when she went into the bank. The bank said that her account would not facilitate an overdraft due to her age therefore they never let payment go through from her account. The dd was cancelled and the bank told her to ignore any further contact if she did not sign the mandate.

Her current membership comes out of my account as i pay for this from my own account and i have contacted the leisure centre through curiosity and they do not have a third party that deals with their admin it is all done in house.

These companies annoy me threatening ppl.

Hi Phinic,

Ok, so this has nothing to do with the leisure centre.

I assume the DD mandate was in YD's name, showed her bank sort code and account number, and her signature. Let us know.

Maybe this was done as a prank by someone.

Have you checked that no payments were made to Harlands earlier, perhaps when YD had sufficient funds for the DD to be taken without going into o/draft.

Unless there's any other explanation, I would consider a formal written complaint to the bank, so they have a chance to check if it was fraud or a simple error..

Hi Phinic,

Let us know how the bank replies. They may well try to phone to discuss and close the matter quickly. Tell them you require a written reply and you (or YD) will not discuss this by phone.

Depending on how long this takes to sort, you may hear from Harlands/CRS, Zinc Group or Spratt Endicott (Harlands current pet solicitor). They're all full of hot air and will not carry out the threats they make so it's safe to ignore them.