Cabot/? claimform - old Welcome Finance car loan 'debt'

Fee185
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2682 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All you need do is draft a suitable defence which responds to each and every point in the Particulars of Claim.

There are plenty of examples but you cannot simply cut and paste, no 2 claims are ever the same and neither should any 2 defences

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

All posted.

thankyou for your advice about the defense. Am I ok to post the info of my defense on here once done to see if i have missed anything?

Also should i submit the defense sooner rather than later or leave time for them to respond to the letters?

thankyou

you file regardless you must not miss it!

use the search cag box of the top toolbar

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes fee you can post up your proposed defence for checking prior to submission, pls remember to also include the PoC at top of the post, makes it much easier to check

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

hi, have spent the past few days reading lots of other defenses, and they all seem very similar, is there a guide to putting together a defense? or is it just a case of reading others and using what is relevant?

thanks in advance

By all means look at others but it must respond to your particulars...type of debt....you must either admit or deny each point of their particulars...if you do not respond to a point its taken as an admittance.

State whether you have sent a CCA section 77 and a CPR 31.14 ...have they made a response or ignored it etc.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Ok, i have put somethingtogether,but im not sure i have it right, and not sure if it is too similar to others. Do I need to put anywhere that the account was in despute with welcome? Sorry if this is wrong, its alot to take in.

Particulars of Claim

1. By an agreement between WELCOME FINANCE & the Defendant on or around 25/05/2005 ('the Agreement') WELCOME FINANCE agreed to load the defendant monies.

2. The Defendant did not pay the instalments as they fell due & the Agreement was terminated.

3. The Agreement was assigned to the Claimant.

4. THE CLAIMANT THEREFORE CLAIMS 7358.51

Defence

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is noted I have in the past had financial dealings with Welcome Finance I am unable to recall the precise details of any alleged debt and therefore any indebtedness is denied until such time the claimant can comply and clarify its claim.

3. Paragraph 2 is noted. The Claimant is put to strict proof that any such payments were missed and that a valid default notice was raised and served.The claimant as an assignee is surmising and has no real knowledge of the alleged debt or any history in its vague and generic pleadings.

4. Paragraph 3. I am unaware of any legal assignment and it is denied I have ever received a Notice of Assignment undated as per the claimant’s particulars.

5. Paragraph 4 is denied. The claimant has yet to respond to my section 77 request dated 12/12/2016 and further clarification by way of a CPR 31.14 request dated 12/12/2016. It is my understanding that the claimant is prevented from seeking any relief until such time they conform and comply with my request.

6. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of assignment/balance/breach requested by CPR 31. 14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

7. As per Civil Procedureicon Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

8. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief

Edited by Andyorch
Tweaked

Drop 3

Load of twaddle

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would suggest something along the lines of ....

3. Paragraph 2 is noted. The Claimant is put to strict proof that any such payments were missed and that a valid default notice was raised and served.The claimant as an assignee is surmising and has no real knowledge of the alleged debt or any history in its vague and generic pleadings.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Yes rest is fine and I have edited the post in #61 to reflect the same.

" Do I need to put anywhere that the account was in dispute with welcome? "

No because to state that is to admit there is a debt..and you are full aware of what it is...if you know of a dispute.

You expand on that in the next stage (witness statement ) if gets to a next stage..dont show all you hand at the initial stage.

Andy