• Tweets

• It was The repair team that do work for Harvey’s. They had to come out three times in the space of four months. After the last visit in august 2019 Harvey’s contacted us to say they would replace the sofas
    • If you can spend some time reading around the threads here as I've already suggested, you will understand what we have to say about the so-called insurance cover and how it is unfair and unenforceable. Please familiarise yourself with this. Have they actually agreed to pay out on the insured value? Not only should you have the value of your lost items that you should also have the cost of the delivery as well as the insurance back. They don't care about losing a lot of business. They've got a huge amount of business and although they are the most complained about courier company in the country, I expect that 98% of their deliveries are successful. Of course when you talk about the remaining 2% of millions – it still ends up with a lot of loss parcels. The really disgusting thing is how Hermes then deny liability and try to force people to accept their losses. Most people give up but people who come here normally get their money back – but in your case afraid it does depend on the correct declared value
    • I was not aware of the non compensated list until after the event.   when you book it only shows the prohibited list which is about safety.   the non compensated list is right at the bottom of the page.   they took my additional payment for “insurance”  so cannot refuse to pay out unless its prohibited.   They should perhaps put a drop down box, to select an item type, and if its on the non compensated list then not allow the option to pay for additional “insurance” and warn the users it has no compensation for loss or damage.   They would loose a lot of business and the extra money they make if all goes to plan.   Will do, i might just have to accept the insurance value and put the rest down to experience. Thank you for the advice i will review threads and familiarise myself with what to do.
    • Thanks. As for their prohibited items list – in respect of items which are lost, it's completely irrelevant and unenforceable. However, the view we take is that if you declare a particular value and they undertake to carry your goods at that value then that is all you can recover. If you want to try and go for higher value then we are happy to help you but I don't fancy your chances but it would be interesting. Please spend the next few hours reading around the Hermes sub- forum and understanding the process about challenging Hermes, issuing a letter of claim and then issuing court papers. Understand also the process of bringing a small claim in the County Court. When you think that you know your way around then come back here and will help you on the next step. Once again, you're welcome to try and claim for the higher figure – but I think is most unlikely that you would succeed and in fact whereas most claims seem to go to mediation and get settled there, I suspect that if you claim for a higher amount that they would try their luck in court. However, you seem to be saying that so far in respect of your claim Hermes have been making positive noises and that they may pay you out on the basis of the insurance cover.  
    • the issuance of a Default notice was some +3yrs after the last acknowledgement through a deferral letter to the original creditor.   i thought a debt buyer could not issue a default notice? thus change the cause of action under the PRA DN ruling Win~ it was not retrospective appeal win?   i believe we've countered these late DN's before along the lines of:   alternative whereby claimant intimates SB date=defaulted date and that has been registered months/years after the last payment . 1 The Claimant's claim was issued on dd/mm/yyyy.    2.The date last payment/acknowledgement made was the dd/mm/yyyy     3.The Default Notice was issued dd/mm/yyyy and served several months/years after the initial breach thus the cause of action delayed by X months + years and the Limitations period prolonged to 6 years and X months which in effect allows the creditor to stop time running and the creditor having effective control of when a limitation period begins or even starts to run.    4.Therefore the Defendant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the limitation act 1980. If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract, in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any true cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant.    5.The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £x or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied.   @andyorch your thoughts?
  • Our picks

Lowell Solicitors & j d Williams catalogue

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 899 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Well well well.....letter from Lowell this morning

Dear not so daft and well informed cagger

We refer to your recent request for a cca for this account.

After laising with JDW in an effort to obtain this document we have been informed that it is no longer available due to the length of time since the account was opened by you.

At this time we have closed our file and will not make any further contact with you concerning payment against the account unless the copy of the agreement is received at some point in the future from JDW.

So, if its not available.......how can a copy be received? and if a copy can be received why haven't they done it?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Standard daft Lowell reply.:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

As I thought .........Many thanks to dx and yourself Brigadier, as this would have cost me £293 to Lowell had I not come here first for help. And in that amount was over £100 in added charges. As it stands it would have been SB in 2015, so am guessing it will sit on credit report file until then and hopefully disappear?.

Thank you on behalf of dx and myself!!

Yes the default will be removed on its 6th anniversary.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Keep an occasional eye on your credit files and if Losers place any additional information, or try to extend the limit dates or whatever be ready to deliver a short, sharp shock to their banking system.

I seriously doubt you will see any further reporting from Lowell.

• 2 months later...

I have had an email from Lowell Soft...detailed as part of the Lowell Group.

It seems like a phishing thing, as it says they hold this email addy for me and want to help blah blah

and I should ring them, and then goes on to say that if I don't want them to contact me at this addy I should ring and quote a ref no.

I have no intention to ring at all.

Have never heard of "Lowell Soft" is this something new or just my first experience of it?.

Ignore it. A few dcas are starting to use this trick. Its a new style of the old phishing letter. Add the address to your providers spam list.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have had an email from Lowell Soft...detailed as part of the Lowell Group. It seems like a phishing thing, as it says they hold this email addy for me and want to help blah blah and I should ring them, and then goes on to say that if I don't want them to contact me at this addy I should ring and quote a ref no. I have no intention to ring at all. Have never heard of "Lowell Soft" is this something new or just my first experience of it?.

Definitely ignore and re-route all e-mails to junk!

Can't say I've heard of this either, nothing on it on Google.

Think they forgot to add the 'in the head' bit :)

• Confused 1

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Some pdls have tried this and dcas are copying them. Dont be surprised to see more of this popping up

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 1 month later...

now emails are coming from sam N parcs-lowell home retail group, saying they are debt managers and I am to contact them urgently. Seems a variety of names associated with Lowell. I haven't and wont respond.

Another one of Lowells' feeble attempts to make you feel that this mob are in a position of authority (in their dreams).

I would be very interested to know who has provided them with your email address ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes as said the emails aren't causing you any problems, I wold just route them to your junk box.

Dodge

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

• 4 weeks later...

so now its Lowell again .... my god they have so many other agencies, I am getting two weekly emails from their debt managers, and home phone calls one a week, and now a phone call which when I answered was a recorded message saying press 1 to speak to Advantis for an urgent call and I wouldn't be charged.......I only pressed the disconnect option. They are inundating me with a few different agencies now. Like a giant evil spider with many legs lol. I am ignoring.

They are only supposed to use one agency - to use multiples is a breach of the OFT guidelines.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D