You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Pete Rose

Clear tone Communications/Debt Recovery Plus

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1317 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I'm new here and have arrived at this site whilst researching a debt I feel I have been wrongly burdened with.

The business I run became a Limited Company in February.

I used an online company that offered to set this up for a small fee which I paid and was soon set up.

Shortly after this I was inundated with dozens of calls from companies offering all kinds of services,

one of which was from a company called Cleartone Communications, a company offering a local phone number that would forward calls to my mobile number.

The person on the other end of the line wouldnt take no for an answer and every time I came up with a reason as to why it wasn't for me, they'd offer me something to sweeten the deal.

In the end I was offered a 3 month free trial and they'd even call me back when the the trial was nearing completion to ensure I was happy with the service, and if not would cancel it.

I agreed to this (I have no idea why) safe in the knowledge that I would be cancelling at the end of the trial. Suffice to say, I never used the service and soon forgot about it.

The next time I have any dealings with them is when I have money taken out of my account by this company.

I cancelled the direct debit and thought nothing more of it.

The following month I received a phone call from a David Raymond stating that I'm in breach of my contract because I cancelled the direct debit.

When I explained that I was told I would be informed at the end of the trial period I was told that never happened, when it did. I then stated that I cancelled because I never used it.

A month later I received another phone call from David Raymond stating that I owed them more money because they hadn't received my cancellation in writing!

I hung up after calling him a **** artist.

Since then I have received 2 letters from a debt recovery agency called Debt Recovery Plus stating that I now owe £114.

I would really appreciate any help with this as I feel these people prey on small businesses who normally end up paying to save on time and hassle.

Thanks.

Edited by Pete Rose

welcome aboard.

you can safely ignore DR+ as can you any DCA on any 'debt' whatever it is

they are not bailiffs

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

as for your debt

yes you got done over

and we've seen these and others pull the same stunt before too.

i'd go so far as contacting your bank

and get that payment back under their DD guarantee.

they did not inform you it was being taken, so broke the terms of the DD guarantee.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Hi dx,

Thank you for your reply. Your advice has reassured me, I will ignore all future correspondence from these people.

Thanks again,

Pete.