Esa claim

skyman197w
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I need some advice.

I recently moved in with my partner, my partner receives ir esa.

We have changed the circumstances and added me and started a new claim and my income is taken into consideration

now she doesnt get a payment because of the amount I earn,

she spoke to esa and they said even though she doesnt get a payment she dooesnt need to close the claim.

The council have said they need proof that she doesnt get a payment and they will still pay towards the rent.

Then this morning my partner got a call from jobcentre telling her she needs to cancel her claim.

surely because I moved in you don't become well again and she would still be entitled to the support and why would she have to cancel,

why wouldn't they cancel and tell her she is not entitled ( tia ) darron

If your income means that she doesn't get a payment of ESA, she should still be able to continue her claim as "credits only" - that is, she won't get money but the DWP will give her National Insurance credits towards her State Pension. So I'm not sure why the Jobcentre is telling her she needs to close the claim. Perhaps the best thing for her to do would be to advise them that she wishes to continue credits only and see what they say.

If your combined household income is quite low, the council may well continue to pay some or all of the rent through Housing Benefit. They should do this whether or not she gets any ESA. They may wish to look at you payslips or other proof of income.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

i wouldn't be closing the claim...if they are saying she is not entitled then they can close it surely...as you said ...I would just leave it now, not closed. if they persist I would be sending complaint for explanations and possible harassment, surely they have enough other things to be doing

She can keep the claim open for her NI credits only as the child benefit only cover for a few years now anyway. She will still be part of the medical assessment process though so will still be reassessed however frequently the reviews take place.