Admiral insurance change of car

m_man
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all,

Looks like this forum is the answer to all my problems.To be honest would like to thanks dx100 uk & Martin 2006 for all their support in answering all the queries posted.This forum certainly points you in the right direction.

So to begin with Admiral insurance i received the renewals pack for my multi car insurance ,the price they quoted me looked too high,so like usual i rang them to check if it was their best quote, i told them i got a quote elsewere which was 2200 ,my quote was 2500 ,so the gentlemen applied some discounts and quoted me a little above 2200 (wish i had said 1200).

Now the interesting part on my renewals which i noticed was that the cars were kept at my old address although i had called to change my address a couple of times,once i asked the advisor why this was as such he said theagent might not have changed this and would need to check further ,so when he put this address in where i was living it bought the quote of 2200 to 1100 (Lucky me) which i was pleased with.

However my concern here is i am with them from over 7 years & have changed the address twice in a year & also have changed the car ,i queried this with the advisor that if the "Post code where kept" hasnt been changed over this year then its not my fault and i had paid the wrong premium during this address change to which he replied he will have to check the call(i remember calling & changing my address in june which he confirmed) He further advised he will have to go through the call log & will come back to me with an outcome.

Now i know they will try to put this on me saying i have not updated the details & its my fault which i dont think it is coz as soon as i moved to a different address i had called the insurance to change this & the agent has onfirmed.

I just want to check what the insurance company can do in this case to prevent them from giving me a refund?

i m sure they have their own tactics in relaying this back and putting this on my head

Shall i complaint?

Will they accept their liability?

what should i wary of when they call me back?

how shall i proceed?

Any help or direction is much appreciated again

As always many thanks again

I should proceed by being straight dealing and honest about everything. Don't start complaining until you know what you are going to complain about. In what way would being wary make a difference when they call you back. If they call you back.

I'm very pleased that you like the advice given on this site. No doubt then you have read our customer services guide and also you have call recording equipment and you record all your calls.

Far too many people – in fact most people don't bother to record the calls. Then they lived to regret it. If you had recorded your calls giving the address changes to the insurance company then you wouldn't have any problems or any worries about it.

If you like the advice we give on this forum then I think that you need to start implementing it.

Let us know what happens as things develop – but of course when they do call back, you will be recording it, won't you?

Think you need to remember that when you phone an Insurers call centre, that you are speaking to someone connected to a telephony headset trying to listen to you and make sense of what they are seeing on their computer screen. In the background they have display screens showing 50 calls waiting in a queue and they are targetted to have an average call duration of say 5 minutes per customer.

Most Insurers customer service staff are not going to spend over half an hour with such calls, resolving everything in one phone call. Plus they normally have restricted authorisation as to what they are allowed to do and would need a supervisor or manager to enter their authorisation for a backdated change on the policy.

Following your call with Admiral, it will get referred to someone who will take the time to see what has happened. If they find a mistake, they will correct it from the relevant date and if this produces a refund, they will process it to the account Direct Debits are made from.

If they come back to you with an explanation about why a refund is not due, then ask for a full breakdown in writing stating out how the premiums have been calculated for the year, with full details of how the policy changes affected the premium.

Hopefully you will get this resolved asap and if necessary for compensation reasons you can complain about them not applying the refund earlier. They might issue a payment to reflect the mistake.

Come back to let us know what happens.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Many thanks again.I shall definitely record the conversation when they call me back(Thanks bankfodder) .I shall see what they have to say and leave the feedback here . breakdown of insurance sounds a good idea unnclebulgaria 67.

If you have any of the previous paperwork to hand as well which can give you all the details re price/address/time period etc, with regards to what your after claiming refund for.

I always keep mine for many years afterwards just in case....

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!