You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• So I make a post and ask you some questions and you then go in and make a response which deals with something completely different and which ignores the questions which I have asked completely. I do see how we can move forward on that basis
    • Thank you. First of all, this is not chronology so we don't have any sense of the timeline. It's still rather complicated – but maybe when you produce a chronology it will come more into focus. However, there are a few things that we can start to tease out. You say that you accepted £250 in an offer which was intended to reflect distress. Although you say that you accepted this offer mistakenly, it may well be that you have no further rights on this issue because of course it would have been up to you to understand the situation properly before accepting any kind of financial offer. However, it would be useful to understand the reach of this offer and so please could you post up the offer letter by uploading it in PDF format. You say that "high-volume messaging" is not explicitly covered in the terms and conditions – but there may be references to "fair use policy" and it may be an interpretive problem rather than looking for words which specifically match your situation. So it will be helpful to know what words Vodafone were relying upon and also what was the extent of your high-volume messaging. Did they give you any warnings. You say that they referred to terms and conditions which you did not sign. However, it isn't necessary to sign terms and conditions. We would have to understand more about the context – but generally speaking if there is an agreement which refers to terms and conditions from the outset and you then embark upon the agreement and use the services, then all the signs would be that you've accepted the conditions of use. Signed written terms and conditions are generally speaking only required in contracts for property or copyright or shares. You say that the contract was put in your sole name despite the fact that the company name was on the agreement. We don't have a chronology so we don't see how long this went on for and you don't explain why you didn't raise any objections to this – or maybe you did? You say that you have sent Vodafone and Lowell an SAR but "so far" you are waiting for a response. This suggests that you sent the SAR some time ago – but you haven't told us anything about when this might have happened. You are referring to obligations under the Consumer Rights Act but I'm afraid that these obligations refer to contracts between a trader and a consumer – and you are not trading as a consumer so these probably wouldn't apply to you. Finally, you are worried about expressing a claim in legal language. If you begin a small claim then you certainly don't need any legal language – and in fact that kind of approach simply gets in the way. Also, it seems to me that you are gearing up to bring a court claim – which is fine, in my book – but you haven't identified your cause or causes of action and you don't have a plan. I think we need to slow down and have a more careful and methodical look at the situation. Otherwise you're simply going to find yourself in trouble
    • Late to this, sorry - my wife claims contributory ESA and got her P60 about two weeks ago. Now I know she's overpaid on her tax and I'm just waiting for HMRC (the department I currently work for) to figure it out. They owe her about £150.
    • World Bank President David Malpass says billions of people will have their livelihoods affected. View the full article
    • World Bank President David Malpass says billions of people will have their livelihoods affected. View the full article
  • Our picks

martin4963

Halifax's policy of not responding to letters

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1286 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

HI !:)

ADVICE PLEASE

I have a secured loan with the Halifax, currently owing approx £15k

Until approx 9months ago, I had no problems with my repayments, which were £176.00 per month.

Due to the current economic climate, I found I could not make these payments as I should on a regular basis.

I wrote to them explaining my circumstances, using the letter templates on this website and enclosing a budget sheet.

I offered them £41.00 per month; to which they refused to accept and told me that they would accept £160.00 per month.

I asked them to reconsider and in the meantime, I`m paying them £10.25 per week, I`m still awaiting their response.

I have just had an "agent" of theirs at my door

- so I told him that I do not discuss such private and confidential matters on the doorstep and that I would only communicate in writing.

I then reminded him that since he was on private property uninvited, he should close the gate on his way out.

:???::???::???::???:What should I do......more to the point, what can the Halifax do:-?:-?:-?:-?

Hi there. I am sorry but the problem is that this is a a secured loan which is treated the same as a mortgage. They will only accept the monthly payments or you will be classed as in arrears, after that they will start court proceedings.

Have you asked for a payment holiday as sometimes they can offer this or even interest only.

Is the financial problem temporary or permanent.

olivesxx

Next Directory £215 NO CCA ***WON***

Littlewoods Visa*** WON ***

Littlewoods evenmore£496.47 COURT CHARGES£296.84 PPI £575.52

Littlewoods LX £0.00 COURTCHARGES £327.68

Choices for you S.A.R owe £362.02

Additions Direct £1400 NO CCA

HUBBY

Bank of Scotland Prefernce account £296

Capital One £300CHARGES£1135 TAKING COURT ACTION

also owe big to

Bank Of Scotland £10000 sending cca reqest

British Credit Trust £6000

Fighting For Family

MUm,***WON ***Barclays for hardship just need to get the last little bit. Chasing LLOYDS TSB for hardship

Bro, HBOS PPI mis selling ***WON***

Are you paying other debts? This and your mortgage must take priority over them.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

:mad2:Hi,

Just a bit of guidance would be appreciated in dealing with HBOS and their apparent policy of ignoring letters.

I have a secured loan with them, which went into arrears way back in 2008.

I came to an arrangement with them to pay back those arrears on a monthly basis.

HBOS have been sending letters telling me that my account is in arrears and that I need to contact them urgently in order to arrange to pay those arrears

(even though they know full well that I already have a repayment arrangement with them which is up to date)

- they make no mention whatsoever that that arrangement is up for review.

The scenario is as thus:

1). I write to them (recorded delivery) pointing out that if they check their records they will see that I already have a repayment plan in place.

2). They write back telling me that I have failed to contact them as per their previous correspondence.

3). I write back (recorded delivery)referring to my previous correspondence (1).

4). They write back still insisting that I have failed to contact them.

5). I send a further letter to them (recorded delivery) referring to my two previous letters (1. and 3.)

And so the whole scenario continues like an unscripted Ealing comedy.

Why the hell they cannot just write advising me that my repayment plan is due for review is any ones guess.

The whole carry on is becoming very frustrating, time consuming and very costly for me.

Has anyone any advice on how to effectively deal with these incongenital idiots ?

Many thanks,

Martin

got any PENALTY charges?

get reclaiming ignore the pratts!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Thanks dx, but no penalty charges (as yet).

Martin, my guess is your letters are going to one department and the ''replies'' are actually templates coming from another,

Formal Complaint to the directors office should help.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanx,

Will get that formal complaint done this afternoon & sent recorded delivery !

Hi,

Has anyone else had trouble getting the Halifax to respond or even acknowledge letters that you have sent them ?

I owe £400 in arrears on a loan taken out a few years ago,

Halifax have written to me offering to consolidate these arrears by way of increased contractual payments ( which is what I'm paying them anyway) and in return they will mark my credit file as up to date.

They want me to ring them if I'm interested to discuss the matter.

I don't discuss my financial affairs over the phone,

I wrote to them agreeing to and accepting their offer..

.... No response whatsoever, zooch !

It is always the same carry on whenever I write to them .

.....they just blank my written communication to the point on several occaision' I've had to lodge a formal complaint with them.

Has anyone actually managed to get a written response or is it just me they ignore ?

Hi Martin

Welcome back to CAG.I would suggest raising a formal complaint to the head of the bank. You can do so through the email

antonio.osorio@lloydsbanking.com

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thanks fkofilee,

I have had to do that on a number of occasions in the past, it's the only way I can get any response from them .... looks like I'll be doing it yet again 😥

Hi,

Has anyone else had trouble getting the Halifax to respond or even acknowledge letters that you have sent them ?

I owe £400 in arrears on a loan taken out a few years ago,

Halifax have written to me offering to consolidate these arrears by way of increased contractual payments ( which is what I'm paying them anyway) and in return they will mark my credit file as up to date.

They want me to ring them if I'm interested to discuss the matter.

I don't discuss my financial affairs over the phone,

I wrote to them agreeing to and accepting their offer..

.... No response whatsoever, zooch !

It is always the same carry on whenever I write to them .

.....they just blank my written communication to the point on several occaision' I've had to lodge a formal complaint with them.

Has anyone actually managed to get a written response or is it just me they ignore ?

Ironically, they have sent me yet another letter identical to the original one they sent offering to consolidate my arrears 🤔

Hi Martin

I'm in the same position as you.

I wrote to Halifax, Collection and Recoveries Team on the 8th August 2016, advising them I cannot make payments and detailing an income and expenditure sheet, they ignore this.

Then, their Customer Priority Team sends me a letter 2 weeks ago.

I reply, with a nasty letter, and enclosing a copy of income and expenditure and advising I can't pay.

To date, Halifax ignore all my letters also.