BankFodder BankFodder

Norgs

Advice on ticket from Millenium Parking Services - Swansea

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1277 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I received a 'Notice to Keeper' dated 16th November regarding my vehicle being parked on a petrol forecourt on 9th October contravening the 'Exceeded Max Stay period'.

I was recorded as parking there for 11 minutes - I was actually in the garage shopping.

The notice states that a Parking Charge Notice was affixed to my windscreen but I never received it as it was not there on my return to the vehicle so the first I knew of it was when I received the NTK.

I was advised to email an appeal but not giving information as to who the driver was which I did.

I received a reply stating as I took over 21 days to appeal the appeal could not be accepted.

Just looking for some advice as to what I should do next.

Many Thanks

well, if notice affixed to screen then NTK isnt POFA compliant so do nothing at all. The advice you were given was from where exactly?

well, if notice affixed to screen then NTK isnt POFA compliant so do nothing at all. The advice you were given was from where exactly?

Thanks, the advice was from a friend but think they read it on moneysavingexpert website.

I think that Millennium have shot themselves in the foot here.

They are stating that the event occurred on the 9th via a windscreen ticket but they have written to you on the 16th. Any Notice to Keeper (after a windscreen ticket was issued) must arrive between 29 and 56 days after the event. As they are too early, they have negated PoFA. No doubt they will claim they won't follow PoFA as they are members of the IPC.

There is also the fact you were shopping there. Did you get a receipt? Do you shop there often?

My first port of call would be to the garage for engaging charlatans to manage their forecourt. They should get millennium to cancel the ticket.

If nothing happens, I would then ignore them and wait for the begging letters, eventually leading to a Letter Before Action/Claim from either Gladstones or BW Legal. These two companies only see pound signs, not the validity of the ticket.

I would be very surprised if any action (apart from letters) happens.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I actually misread this as 9th and 16th Nov so my comments are incorrect However, post up the NTK and I bet we can find faults with it.

You could ask garage co for copy of CCTV under SAR. Let the local manager know why you are after this before paying the tenner statutory fee, you might find that when they review the tape (if they still have it) they will have something to say about the supposed application of the screen ticket on one of their customers' vehicles for no reason.