Athena ANPR CPCN - lidl's in lewisham

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2698 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I've just received a overdue reminder from them for the same thing now demanding payment within 7 days of there reminder letter I've just been ignoring them not quite sure what to write back as also it's been way over 28 days for appeal can anyone help?

Hi I've just received a overdue reminder from them for the same thing now demanding payment within 7 days of there reminder letter I've just been ignoring them not quite sure what to write back as also it's been way over 28 days for appeal can anyone help?

Please start a new thread and give as as much detail as possible

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi all I'm a new user

I've been reading on what to do can't find the right answer so far.

I received a parking charge from Athena for overstaying duration over 10 mins

I was 38 mins parked at lidls in lewisham and didn't realise you had to give your reg to cashier

the last time I parked lidl it was just 90mins free parking

it happened on the 11/10/16 and

they issued it 13/10/16 charge of £90 but 45 if I pay within 14 days blah blah

I ignored it then

I received a overdue reminder issued 18/11/16 saying under schedule 4 of the protection of freedoms act 2012 I'm liable for the full charge which is overdue if I don't pay within the next 7 days it may result in debt collection or further legal proceedings where additional costs can be incurred and

now I'm worrying and stressing about what to do should I reply or ignore can anyone help???

Thread moved to appropriate forum.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi and welcome.

Firstly, can you copy and paste the answers to this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Do you know if any signs were stating that you had to register within 10 minutes?

I find it unusual that Athena are stating PoFA as they are members of the IPC and they primarily work with Lidl. They don't usually take people to court (but there's always a first time)

I assume the first you knew of this charge was within 14 days of the visit?

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Thanks silver fox

No I wasn't aware of their signs stating this I can remember still seeing 90minutues free in bold and weren't aware of there new system

What do you mean my PoFa?

I presume this is what they send to everyone is there first steps with no response from there original letter asking for payment

Yes I received the original charge a couple days after they sent it out on the date of it being issued

Have you any suggestions on what I should do next?

I have added a Lidl Twitter link to this thread so they will soon be aware of it.

With Athena, it's a difficult choice. According to one website I visit, they haven't taken anyone to court in the last 3 years so personlly, I would ignore them. The only time I would respond is if a Letter Before Action/Claim or court papers arrive.

As Athena are members of the IPC, the appeals system is biased in favour of the company, not what is right. If you can go back to the site and take pictures of any signs regarding parking, that would help.

It would also help if you can post up what you have received so far, in pdf format and suitable redacted to remove names, addresses, reference numbers, car reg numbers and any barcodes so that we can see what they are saying.

I would also complain to Lidl.

Ahh thankyou

Right I was thinking would they really take someone to court over a £90 charge for which they didn't have any losses for parking in a half empty car park,

yes I will be going back to take pictures I'm sure there signs are very deceiving in small print to trick people into this money making scheme

I'm having a problem with uploading pictures as I'm only using my iPhone right now but will post it tomorrow from the laptop

I can explain what it has got first letter says

Vehicle reg: xxxxxx

Incident date: 11/10/16

Parking charge notice no. x xxx xxx xxx

Issue date: 13/10/16

Parking charge £90

Allowed duration of stay 00:10:00

Actual duration of stay 00:38:57

Has two dark black n white pictures of my car entering and exiting the car park quite up close cannot see driver

Also says parking charge is discounted to £45 if paid within 14 days of date issued 13-10-16

Then it goes into them explains terms and conditions of the car park are clear on prominent signs due to photo evidence they believe to these terms a charge is due they applied to dvla for my details and I have 28 days to reply if I wasn't the driver

Reminder letter

On the incident you were the registered keeper

You had the option to pay or say who was driving

We have no payment, drivers details or an appeal within 28 days

Consequently under scheduled 4 of the protection of freedoms act 2012 as keeper you are liable which is overdue

Failure to pay within the next 7 days may result in Athens anpr transferring your case to a debt collection company or to further legal proceedings where additional costs could be incurred

You may pay online telephone blah blah

get your complaint in to Lidl and while you are at it ask them about the planning permission for Athena's signage as it is their land and they are culpable if Athena are breaking the law as Lidl will be involved in a conspiracy to defraud. The police wont take thematter up though, companies are allowed to kill people with impunity so rooking customers of £90 for having the temerity to spnd their money there is nothing.

you may need to respond to athena but not yet. Post up the NTK and we can pick holes in it so you may be able to tell them to get stuffed but best wait and see what the store does.

I for one would be taking all of the shopping back and tell them why, inviting the local press to watch and telling Lidl head office that you are goping there on such and such a date to return the goods. You maight want to do somehting like this if they dont respnd in a helpful way.