BankFodder BankFodder

KAGE8215

The dvla lost my ID

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1285 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hy. My problem is that the dvla send my new dl and my ID back but i didn't recived anything from them... Since 1month...i talk whit them several times and they investigatr my case but i really feel that they won't solve anything... Did somebody was in my situation? And what happend next? Thank you

I'm afraid that the DVLA seem to lose a lot of things and I don't know how often they are held accountable for it.

If they are dragging their feet then you could ask them about it under the Freedom of Information Act which gives them 20 days to respond. If you going to do this, you could also ask them under the same Act how many complaints they have had over the previous five years about lost documents either sent to them or sent by them.

That would be interesting to know – and if somebody else who reads the thread has the time to do it, we would be very pleased to know the answer

Thank u. Can you tell me where exactly write the 20day limit? Cuz i can't find...

Thank u. Can you tell me where exactly write the 20day limit? Cuz i can't find...

https://ico.org.uk/media/1165/time-for-compliance-foia-guidance.pdf

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Royal mail sorting machines have a special system in place whereby all letters to and from dvla are shredded, unless recorded delivery.

It's part of a cost cutting policy.

Just kidding, but dvla thinks that this is true 😀

It used to happen with banks as well but there are a large number of DVLA letters that get intercepted either in the post or at the point of delivery.