Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1663 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Can anyone give me advice?


We were first in line for a Housing Association bungalow and a multi viewing was arranged last Monday. It was pouring with rain and there was no electric so very dark. We looked around with the 2nd, 3rd and 4th in line, some with babies which made us feel very uncomfortable.


We had to make our mind up at that viewing and although we had some reservations about the size felt we had to say yes there and then or lose it. We had to pay the first month's rent immediately although obviously we have not had chance to let our (private landlord) know and give notice.


We now wish we had a cooling off period of even a day as we've now looked in the light and realised we haven't room for hardly any furniture. We take responsibility for our decision but feel we had less rights than buying double glazing or something where there is a window to change your mind. We are now stuck with 2 rents and possibly 2 council taxes for the next month.


My question is surely we should have been given more time and a month's grace to give notice to our existing landlord. Would welcome any feedback.

Edited by honeybee13
Link to post
Share on other sites

they all operate a take it or leave it approach so by accepting you give yourself the chance of a transfer at some point in the future. if you had turned it down and it was decided that the property was suitable for your needs then they can remove you from their waiting list. Try and negotiate a move in date and if the decor is in poor condition try and get them to do something about that in the interim. generally an allowance is given for refurbishment if the fixtures and fittings are knackered. As for CT, again, if the property is empty then you dont have to pay CT. Your current LL will be less willing to argue on your behalf as he will be losing real money rather than just potential income

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...