style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2707 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A while ago I defaulted in paying a court fine due to mental health problems.

I had a Bailiff come when I was out so called back and said that I had no money and nothing valuable to take and he could come and see.

He said that the office would call me but they didn't.

I had a letter in the post today regarding Warrant of Arrest warning.

It is headed HM Courts and Tribunals Service but I have to contact a mobile number (I thought that was dodgy) and a name which is the same ne as the Bailiff that came.

I know I was so stupid in defaulting and in no way am I refusing to pay but should I contact this mobile number?

It really is setting off alarm bells with the fact it's a mobile number and the Civilian Enforcement Officers name is the same as the Bailiff.

It will be the bailiffs mobile number and its standard for that to be given to the debtor.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

It will be the bailiffs mobile number and its standard for that to be given to the debtor.

Even if the letter is from the court? Wouldn't they give the courts phone number if that was the case?

If you do not contact the bailiff you may be arrested and brought back before the court to explain why you have not paid the fine as arranged.

It would be in your best interest to get this sorted quickly!

Others with far more bailiff knowledge will be along to advise further

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Even if the letter is from the court? Wouldn't they give the courts phone number if that was the case?

It will be a court appointed bailiff

No, it has been passed from the courts to a court certified bailiff.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I will be contacting the courts directly tomorrow as it was too late tonight before I read the letter. I need to make sure this is legit as I have read that sometimes Bailiff companies replicate court letters to scare people.

I have absolutely no doubt that the court will direct you to the court appointed bailiff on the number you have been given. Thats how it works when a fine goes unpaid.

I appreciate that, its just as I have already told them that I do not have the money to pay in full (I do not work yet and my husband has been paid off from one job and is awaiting to start a part time job to tide us over) I really don't know what more them or I can do

I will be contacting the courts directly tomorrow as it was too late tonight before I read the letter. I need to make sure this is legit as I have read that sometimes Bailiff companies replicate court letters to scare people.

I would be very surprised indeed if the letter was fake. Please post back once you have spoken with the court tomorrow.

It was just after reading a few other different threads on here, it was suggested a possibility due to a mobile number being on there. I do have mental health problems and understanding things like this type of letter confuses me.

No its quite normal to have the bailiffs mobile number on the letter, it really is in your best interest to ring the bailiff and/or court.

Be prepared to have to go back to court, prepare an income and expenditure sheet to show if you have to.

Then you need to provide proof why you never paid it and a full income and expenditure breakdown so they can arrange a payment schedule which you MUST stick to.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Fully appreciate what you're saying, hopefully the fine will be redetermined to allow smaller payments if you present the circumstances properley, assuming that the bailiff wont negotiate them with you!

The last thing they will want to do is arrest you but they will if it is not sorted.

As everyone advises, get in touch. TBH now is a good time re negotiate the fine as your husband is between jobs so income is minimal

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .