BankFodder BankFodder

Tomoid

Problems with Gemini Parking Solutions

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1275 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have had a similar experience. I received a Parking Charge Notice from Gemini Parking Solutions on Sunday, 18th September 2016, whilst parked near Hear East / the new technology hub in the Olympic Park.

I had parked here on the previous Sunday with no issues. There are no road markings, yellow lines etc and I parked in a bay with no "no parking" signage. I have also seen a number of other people parking their vehicles in the same location without incident.

I do not believe that I parked illegally as there are no ‘road markings’ and there is no indication as to define which area parking is/is not permitted in.

I received a NTK and replied to Gemini that I was contesting the charge on the grounds that there was no adequate signage.

They have rejected my comments and claim that there was clear signage. They have responded with a photo of a sign attached to a lamp post on the other side of the street to where I was parked. Their letter states that I have now reached the end on their internal appeals procedure and that if I wish to make a second appeal then I should do so the POPLA.

Can anyone suggest what I should do now / how best to appeal?

Thanks

start a new thread rather than hijack this one as the advice you will be given is not the same.

Hi there

Tried to set up a new thread but without success. If any one has any useful advice for me I would be very grateful........

Thanks

click on the private land parking enforcement word/hyperlink and then on the blue start new thread hyperling/box on the near top left hand side of the refreshed page

New thread started, Tomoid please continue to post on this one. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

a sign on the other side of the street doesnt count, that applies to that side of the street (if the sign means anything at all). No parking means no parking and that is a prohibitieve order and not a contractual obligation. You cannot agree to break a term of a contract because that agreement means the term hasnt been broken (bit like 2 wrongs dont make a right)

Can you post up the NTK as Gemini didnt get that right in the past so probably no keeper liability created anyway

Hi thanks all for you help

Please see NTK attached

ntk.pdf

NTK not POFA compliant. Read paras 5 and 8 of sch 4 ofthe POFA and you will see that the wording they use must have certain information in it and use exact wording in other parts. they have failed to do this so noo keeper liability created.

If you feel like responding you should say: The signage is prohibitive so doesnt create a contractual liability. In any case the NTK is not POFA compliant so no keeper liability.

Do not add anything to this to personalise the letter, just start with their ref number and the date of the event as per the letter

just noticed the date on the NTK, when did you actually get it? If it was recently I hope you still have the envelope as it is aboout a fortnight too late

Oh, I forgot, you had already appealed so you have lost the protection of the POFA as keeper. The matter of the signage is still good though.