Lowell/lowell Solicitors claim form - old Vodafone mobile debt

UnclePete
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies Pete I have not had chance..will run through the thread this evening.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Pete

The bulk of the the debt is in effect due to airtime and early termination fee to which you have already challenged this within your defence...and your witness statement which you have put them to strict proof to validate and quantify.

Therefore a copy of the Contract and T&Cs will have to be disclosed if they rely on this as a prescribed term.

Refer and rely on Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts (UTCCRs) Terms that allow the Provider to take too much of your money if you back out of a contract can be unfair.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1999/2083/regulation/5/made

Last payment by yourself was dated 2nd Feb 2011

The claim was issued 21 November 2016...3 months early of the 6 years Limitations

With regards to the default and Notice of Default although this is an unregulated contract..there must be provision that the provider informs you of the default and allow you to rectify it...a letter ..a warning...a final demand..you will have to refer to the T&Cs of the contract under the section missing payments..

With regards to their comment in their WS that the cause of action was subject to the assignment ...I would ask how they arrive at that statement and what has any alleged breach of contract can be linked to section 136 of the Law of Property Act 1925 ?

Lastly I would also throw in the following on any witness statement prepared for a DCA when litigating on an assigned debt...and should be checked.

All witness statements in support of the claims by a DCA which refer to hear say evidence rely on CPR 33.2(1)(B) (notice of intention to rely on hearsay evidence) and Section 2 (1) (A) of the Civil Evidence Act.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part33#33.2

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1995/38/section/2

All the best

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all.

the hearing was yesterday.

The long and the short of it was that the judge agreed that without the Service Contract, they couldn't show whether the early termination fee was applied correctly, so that was written off.

It was felt that they had provided enough evidence to show that I had used the airtime so I was liable for that plus costs, which apart from the costs I thought was fair.

Thanks for the update Pete.

I really don't know how I missed this thread, it identical to mine and I suspect the outcome will be the same.

Uncle Pete, what were the costs? Mine seem to increase all the time... theyve added around £200 now..

:)** Any opinion expressed by me is given with the best intentions - But I could be wrong so bear that in mind**:)

Missed Call Checker - http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Calls.aspx/077/m

Hello all.

the hearing was yesterday.

The long and the short of it was that the judge agreed that without the Service Contract, they couldn't show whether the early termination fee was applied correctly, so that was written off.

It was felt that they had provided enough evidence to show that I had used the airtime so I was liable for that plus costs, which apart from the costs I thought was fair.

Hi Pete...well done

So a small victory in a way....so what would the final judgment amount be ?

Regards

Andy

Morning Andy

Just shy of £320 including costs.

I want to thank you again for all your help and as soon as I get paid I will send a donation.

All the best

Pete

PS if anyone needs any further questions regarding the judgement, don't hesitate to pop a note on here

Many thanks Pete......so with all their costs of litigation.....and after the adjustment of the initial claim....hardly worth their while:wink: