Fedex, Control Account PLC and Duty and Tax demand

km101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would be grateful for some advice.

I occasionally get some eatables and pickles from India using Fedex courier services.

My father paid the charges for the courier services in India and declared the item value which was 15£.

I have received the parcel without any issues.

After 3 weeks time i got an Invoice letter from Fedex for the payment of 30£ for Duty and Tax.

In the Invoice its clearly mentioned that the total value of the goods was 19£ and Fedex was asking me to pay the Duty and Tax of 30£.

I have attached the Invoice.

I have called Fedex and queried them about the invoice, they said some miscalculation will send another one, but again they have sent the same Invoice of 30£.

After few weeks later i got a call and a Message from Controlaccount saying ' Please contact Controlaccount quoting reference number **** in relation to Fedral Express Europe Inc'for which i did not reply.

I have called Fedex again and queried them about the invoice, this time they have asked me to send an email to customerservice explaining the situation.

I have sent them an email and got a reply from them saying 'Having investigated the matter in more detail, the invoice on this occasion has been issued correctly.

The charges have been levied by the local Customs authorities in the destination Country.

Please find attached a breakdown to show how the charges have been calculated (Breakdown attached).

In the breakdown the value of the goods was showing as 76$, i am not sure how they got this number.

The initial Goods value as per the invoice is not matching the breakdown which they have send me through an email.

Please advice.

Thank you

Krish

Fedex Breakdown.pdf

had to remove you tax document as it shows pers details,

you can safely IGNORE control accounts plc

go read these threads.

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-8889411648654839:6449422593&ie=UTF-8&q=Control+Account+PLC+&sa=Search+CAG#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=Control%20Account%20PLC&gsc.page=1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

well you could yes.

but there is no legal remit to pay any unlawful admin fees.

i'm actually wondering if you owe anything

as fedex as the company would have written or should have written to you directly,

not some spoofing dca that found out you owe something

them get that money and most probably put in straight in their pockets without fedex even knowing you supposedly owed the money.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

duty and VAT is based on the value of the goods PLUS the shipping costs so that is why they have invented this account.

Also, foodstuffs are generally duty and VAT free but you should check the international code for the items you have received

next time get your father to put the 11 digit tariff number on the paperwork so it is correctly taxed (or not!)

the most likely code is 2005995090 and that is prepared or preserved vegetables, other mixed vegetables. (pickes that arent just tomatoes, peppers or other preserved single veg).

This is VAT and duty free so tell FEDEX they have screwed up and you dont owe them a penny.

Finding the right code isnt something they are going to spend any time on so they have just used any code they feel like.