grantus

Question over Junction Signage

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1058 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have received a penalty notice for turning left at a junction when there is a "no left turn" sign post at the junction, and a "must turn left" sign post about 30 metres further back on the road.

In the past it was OK to turn left, but I guess at some point in the last year, usage had changed.

My question is in two parts:

- Is there any legal requirement to have a painted "turn right" sign on the road itself, in addition to sign posts?

- What is the legal requirement for lighting the signs?

- the junction is in a commercial area with street lights,

..because I simply did not notice the sign posts in the dark!

photograph and measure the signs, ie distance between them, distance from road turnings, what other alternatives are prescribed by the road markings or signs etc. You can appeal by saying the signage is confusing but also check the Traffic Order that changed the junction.