BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1145 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I strongly suspect that the contributors to your thread have been providing advice on the assumption that you'd been dealt with by a bona fide officer of constabulary. That advice may need review and clarification.

Under Section 10 of the Traffic Management Act 2004, A person who, with intent to deceive—

... © makes any statement or does any act calculated falsely to suggest that he has powers as a traffic officer that exceed the powers he actually has,

is guilty of an offence and liable, on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 51 weeks or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale (or both).

Sounds like a defence to me, if it ever goes to court, but I should stress I am not qualified to provide legal advice, merely contributing to a discussion, and citing paragraphs from enacted law.

Be interested to hear other views.

I really appreciate you guys inputs,

i know i did a very stupid and dangerous act and i do realise that.

I havent received any letter from them yet,

but if i do, it will most likely go to court

and will get a lawyer and will use this information you guys have helped me with

and do you still have the slip?

dx

and do you still have the slip?

dx

Yes, i do still have the slip, I left it at friends house, i will get the information and type it in here tomorrow.

might be best if you redact it

scan it

and post it up as a PDF

upload