BankFodder BankFodder

joebloggs72

Advice on childcare and claiming

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1284 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi i recently spent 23 days in hospital as the main person who looked after my kids while my wife was at work i wasnt able too so our youngest was put into a day nursery.

we had to pay the costs for a month up front ..and we attempted to claim some back i can claim for anytime i was in hospital care but not now i am home, problem is i am not well i had pneumonia severe case and sepsis i cant chase after a two year old for at least a month and it seems now i am home i cant claim childcare.

they advised i try for any form on temp sickness benefit as i am unfit for work and i cant i tried cause i wasnt already working and my wife does work i am not entitled to claim..

seems quite a bad loop hole in the system

i doubt as the hrmc tried to bypass the system but they couldnt that much can be done but childcare costs even for a short period will cripple us

thankyou

You can claim ESA for credits only for the period you are unwell.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/514107/WTC5_04_16_V1.0.pdf

check that link it should give you some information page 4 of 24 shows you can get help if one of the couple is working at least 16 hours per week and the other is either an inpatient in hospital and getting a benefit for incapacity or illness. So I would say that as long as you caim ESA credits only you can then prove you have claimed it and can get the allowable costs reimbursed and then to continue for as long as the help is needed.