• Tweets

• you've already got a CCJ   they said either pay the judgement CCJ sum and as long as this is within 28 days of the judgement date it wont then show [there is no fee] or fill out an N244 which has a fee of £255, but risk losing and paying the CCJ and your £255 fee + any court costs by the claimant in attending the set aside hearing if you lose.   so what did you do?    
    • Hi the following may be useful. (from the link you provided) the Company you are dealing with.   Home Furnishings U.K. Limited Rapyal Business Park Dewsbury Road Cleckheaton West Yorkshire BD19 5BT   Company Number: 04981075   Directors: Mr Mohammed Amjad, Appointed 1st Feb 2011 - Mr Sajid Hussain, Appointed 12th May 2005   Note: look at this link of their T&C: https://www.hf4you.co.uk/terms-and-conditions (why under '1. INFORMATION ABOUT US' is their Registered Office Address completely different to the below Companies House link Registered Office (Address posted above)?)   Companies House link: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04981075/filing-history   Endole link: https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/04981075-home-furnishings-u-k-limited   BizDb link: https://www.bizdb.co.uk/company/home-furnishings-uk-limited-04981075/  
    • Hi and Welcome to CAG     I have moved your thread to the appropriate forum as you refer to " Loan Repayments "...perhaps you could expand to get a response to your problem. You refer to s.140 is this  a regulated CCA1974 agreement ?   Andy
    • you cant claim both   dx  
    • right slow down and follow the correct advice I've removed various links you have posted as they have obviously lead you up the wrong garden path to take since you started to sort this issue.   your story is extremely confusing because you have wrongly followed 1001 things that you shouldn't have done in the 1st place   by following that info to date you have confused things so badly that it very difficult to work out exactly what you have and haven't done to date.   I will summarise what I believe here has happened as its a lot simpler to sort your issue than what you have done to date however there might be questions yet to be answered BEFORE we can recommend what you should do next.   to me it looks like you have received a council Penalty charge notice [fine] AND  a speculative invoice CCJ and have confused the two?   I say this because newlyns are bailiffs and they dont get involved in private parking ticket matters. and the figure of £359.63 is NOT correct as it doesn't i bet correspond to the total of the sum claimed on the UKCPM claimform?   so you've not actually paid off the CCJ to newlyns but another council penalty charge notice not related at all to the CCJ this makes sense as your mention a second fine from UKCPM [which in not a fine]   please bear with us we need to see...   the original UKCPM windscreen ticket the notice to keeper from UKCPM. any letter from newlyn that you have.   scan these up to ONE MULTIPAGE PDF ONLY. read upload   as for the CCJ. im pretty sure you are getting the streets mixed up between the council pcn and the UKCPM speculative invoice one/CCJ   you haven't paid the CCJ within 28days therefore even if you pay it now it wont be removed   the only way to get the CCJ removed is to set it aside. however ..have you a copy of the claimform and the judgement CCJ? too
  • Our picks

bowcreek

Found backdoor CEL CCJ on Credit report - Shattered !

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1078 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I've now received the claim particulars

but it doesn't seem to have any details of what and when did I do or what is the whole thing about?

How do I get that ?

Concerned of losing time as well...

Also does it surely mean one calendar month I have is from 16th Nov?

There are date from October on this paper as well and not sure what significance they carry to meet for paying within a month clause..

CCJ Claim Case details.jpg

can you PDF that please

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

then apply for set aside and then ask for strike out under CPR16.4 no basis for claim as particulars dont give any cause for action. This may well not be successful but at least you will make then show why they are claiming from you.

As already said, the CCJ will be scrubbed when you are successful, even if it was 5 years afterwards.

OK - that's for set-aside route.

How do I get more info if I want to pay this off straightaway?

I need to know details and PCN number to be able to pay if its to do with parking.

I wouldn't... Get that set aside moving

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

why would you want to pay a bunch of thieves money you dont owe? If you do that the CCJ stays anyway. so you will have just wasted your money.

Go and get the N244 done and you will see off both the CCJ and beat these bandits to get your court fee back and a few quid for your troubles.

I've now received the claim particulars

but it doesn't seem to have any details of what and when did I do or what is the whole thing about?

How do I get that ?

Concerned of losing time as well...

Also does it surely mean one calendar month I have is from 16th Nov?

There are date from October on this paper as well and not sure what significance they carry to meet for paying within a month clause..

BTW I looked closely and the reference number in the letter worked in PCN field to pay it off (https://www.ce-service.co.uk/pay-now.asp)

So now I have what I'd need to pay it off.

why would you want to pay a bunch of thieves money you dont owe? If you do that the CCJ stays anyway. so you will have just wasted your money.

Go and get the N244 done and you will see off both the CCJ and beat these bandits to get your court fee back and a few quid for your troubles.

I can completely see your point dear members.

My circumstances are what's making me feel more inclined towards taking a quicker (unreasonable waste of money though I agree) route to pay off now and reach out to court to let them know I've done so.

I hope I'd get some sort of e-mail confirmation when I make the payment though it might not have CEL's reference number on it which court might ask for..

I need to apply for Security vetting for work, apply for citizenship etc. very soon and it might just add to my worries to carry on with those applications with this CCJ on my records...

why?

spreadsheets 

a ccj does not effect citizenship...

spreadsheets 

Again, my apprehension of not going for set-aside is

1. Failing to notify DVLA of change of address for more than a year while being registered keeper of the vehicle.

2. Date of event on claim details I've received from county court is from Feb 2016.

I had moved out of my previous address where CEL might have sent letters etc. in November 2015.

What grounds do I have if judge asks me why did I have car registered at an address from where I had moved out 3 months back, which caused CEL to send all letters to the address DVLA holds for me.

Most likely CEL would also know in cases where they win by default is because vehicle was registered at old address and that is a backdoor for them to exploit about negligence of registered keeper of the vehicle.

Probably someone from CEL would be looking at this thread and preparing ...

1. Failing to notify DVLA of change of address for more than a year while being registered keeper of the vehicle. - so what that's for the DVLA to deal with IF they want too.

2. Date of event on claim details I've received from county court is from Feb 2016.

I had moved out of my previous address where CEL might have sent letters etc. in November 2015. - so what

What grounds do I have if judge asks me why did I have car registered at an address from where I had moved out 3 months back, which caused CEL to send all letters to the address DVLA holds for me. - nothing to do with your case

Most likely CEL would also know in cases where they win by default is because vehicle was registered at old address and that is a backdoor for them to exploit about negligence of registered keeper of the vehicle. - same as any DCA does with civil debt. - purposeful exploitation of the court system.

- to LOSE

as EB has explained, they don't and wont appear in court

go read the other CEL claimform threads here.

spreadsheets 

Why are you here whinging about something that cannot happen or is beyond your control instead of either taking the advice given and researching it further or just paying up.

All your reasons for not going for a set-aside are just figments of your imagination. It is a civil court, the judge isnt interested in the technical details of your keeper details as long as you can show that you werent at that address when the court documents were served there you will win part 1.

Part 2 is where you have to fight the claim itself and if CEL cant be arsed to supply the correct information to court they lose anyway, if you can show that they are procedurally wrong they lose again. The worst thing that can happen is that they won and you are left in the same boat as you are now but with the CCJ wiped from your records. Even that is a win because that is why you came here in the first place.

You cannot wipe off the CCJ without going for set-aside so again you cannot make an out of court arrangment, you are months too late for that. Basically you are stuck with it for the next 6 years and that is whether you pay the order or not. This has been explained twice but you think that wishing things were different will somehow miraculously change them to what you want.

If you want help with the parking claim we will be glad to help you but you have to start things off, we cant turn up to court with your cheque book and fill out the form for you. the N244 can be downloeaded, as can most court forms.

1. Failing to notify DVLA of change of address for more than a year while being registered keeper of the vehicle.

I had moved out of my previous address where CEL might have sent letters etc. in November 2015.

What grounds do I have if judge asks me why did I have car registered at an address from where I had moved out 3 months back, which caused CEL to send all letters to the address DVLA holds for me.

Most likely CEL would also know in cases where they win by default is because vehicle was registered at old address and that is a backdoor for them to exploit about negligence of registered keeper of the vehicle.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.
  • Haha 1

If you have a CCJ, you need to contact the court and have the judgement "set aside" This will then make the court send information to the plantiff and a date for a hearing will be issued.

You will then be able to have your 15 mins to argue why you have a CCJ.

Oh, and be sure you have the right address :-)

I don't think there is a charge for setting aside, don't think I paid anything when I had to do it, but its the only way of getting anything done.

If of course you can prove that the CCJ should not be there in the first place, you can request to have it removed.

Otherwise, if they refuse and you get stuck with it, its on your credit file for 6 years.

Point to note, if you have been at your new place on the electoral role for over 2yrs, then if you have not "associated" your old address with the new address then try and keep them separate! That way the CCJ will remain at the old house.

lots of rather bad advice and myths there I'm afraid.

spreadsheets 

Bowcreek, if you read the whole of your thread again, you will see why most of what Crossplot says is wrong, and what you have to do to defeat CEL in court.

If you have a CCJ, you need to contact the court and have the judgement "set aside" This will then make the court send information to the plantiff and a date for a hearing will be issued.

You will then be able to have your 15 mins to argue why you have a CCJ.

Oh, and be sure you have the right address :-)

I don't think there is a charge for setting aside, don't think I paid anything when I had to do it, but its the only way of getting anything done.

If of course you can prove that the CCJ should not be there in the first place, you can request to have it removed.

Otherwise, if they refuse and you get stuck with it, its on your credit file for 6 years.

Point to note, if you have been at your new place on the electoral role for over 2yrs, then if you have not "associated" your old address with the new address then try and keep them separate! That way the CCJ will remain at the old house.