Backdoor CEL CCJ -

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello fellow members

- Last night looking at my credit report I found that a CCJ has been issued against me on 16th November 2016 from Northampton County Court (Information Source - Registry Trust Ltd) to pay approx. £300.

This is issued to the address I lived between Aug 2014 and October 2015 as a lodger.

Obviously not living there,

I've not had any letters etc. from court.

The only way I found out about this is last night looking at my credit score.

I've never had any credit cards, phone contracts etc. which I took whilst being on that address.

I can not think of anything which could result into a CCJ at all.

How do I find out what is it all about?

And should I try to investigate now and contact court ?

I really want to do right thing and don't want stupid things like debt collectors coming to our new home we've literally bought.

Do I have to go to a solicitor?

I'm more concerned of this CCJ being my record and not the money solely.

I've never done or intend to do anything wrong.

My credit score has been badly affected and it might also affect my application for British Citizenship I guess which I am soon going to apply !

I couldn't sleep well last night and very stressed.

Please can you help?

Many thanks

You need to give us more detail. In particular, who is the claimant?

You should contact the court and asked them for copies of all documentation so that you can start to get to the bottom of it. Start reading up a little bit on County Court procedure – especially getting a set-aside

• Confused 1

Thanks for your response.

The report doesn't tell who the claimant is.

Just says Information source

- Registry Trust Limited and Information Type

- Judgement. Date is 16th Nov 2016.

There is a case reference number.

I know I shouldn't be but I'm a little scared of getting into hassle of dealing with something I've not done :-(

Ignoring this won't help either I suppose.

wouldn't have come to know about this if I wasn't subscribed to Experian though.

Should I tell the court my current address etc. if asked?

Will they ask about it?

And should I contact via phone for speediness or keep it written?

Well you can be certain that if the judgement creditor finds out your new address, then they will come after you. On the other hand, you need to find out all about it in order to deal with it – if you are certain that it is not your debt.

Have you actually searched the Registry Trust would you merely have the number from your Experian report? I'm almost certain that if you put the number into the Registry Trust, that you will find out details of the claimant – although it will cost you £10, I think, to get the information. If you are right and it isn't your debt then you can reclaim the £10 from them when you get all the information.

Sure, I can do that.

But looks like the report doesn't normally give claimant information.

Please see sample from Trustonline.org.uk (Registry Trust Limited).

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/images/Sample_Report.pdf

See sample report section on the website says -

Please note, the search results do not contain any details of the claimant.

This information is available, to the defendant, from the relevant county court.

In that case call the County Court and asked them how to go about getting the information. They may be to give you some basic information over the phone – but you need to organise the sending of the documents to you either by email or in hardcopy. I'm surprised that there is no better information on Experian

I called up the county court and they didn't give information of claimant due to identity protection reasons on phone.

What they have now given is

Solicitor who acted on Claimant's behalf - Civil enforcement limited

Their contact number - 0870 919 5577

and their case reference number.

Do you happen to know what do they deal in usually?

Looking at their website it looks like they deal with parking fines etc.

! Should I call them and check and give my address if they demand?

I chose not to give my current address to the court helpdesk and they were fine with it.

Should I contact

So did you have a car at the time that you are living at that address? Do you have a car now and is it the same car? If it is the same car then have you reregistered it at your current address? When did all of that happen?

Yes I had a car when I lived at that address and due to my own do-it-later attitude towards changing the address is still registered there :(.

I still have the same car. Having moved to our own house which I hope to be our permanent address of long , co-incidentally I contacted DVLA last Monday to find if there are any penalties etc. on my car's registration number with all intentions to get the address change done asap they confirmed there was none. Also no points etc. on my license either they said.

I was relieved that thank goodness its all OK and I can peacefully change the address on V5C now. But that doesn't seem to be the case it seems...

I don't know where and when they might have issued a parking charge as surely I would have paid and noticed if they stuck it on windscreen.

The DVLA won't have a record of private parking tickets. Also, by not changing your address, you are inviting some serious issues so far as your insurance policy is concerned. You certainly need to get it sorted quickly.

. I suppose that this issue probably refers to some time when you've parked on a supermarket car park or something and either not paid the parking fee or else you've exceeded your time there.

I realise my stupid mistake and agree I need to get this changed. Been really bad with post office type things but excellent online, though that's no excuse.

1. would you say the first step would be to request address change via DVLA?

2. Should I try to seek more info on when and why this was issued before simply agreeing to pay off?

3. I'd really want to get this off the judgement register and also from my credit file. Is that at all possible at this stage? https://www.gov.uk/county-court-judgments-ccj-for-debt/ccjs-and-your-credit-rating says it can be possible if paid within a month?

4. County court helpdesk said there is a fee of £250 to set-aside a judgement. Worth going that route if I failed to hange the address for a year !?

Well I wouldn't normally advise simply paying something like this date off – at least not without a bit of a fight. On the other hand, you are within your 30 days and if you simply want to get rid of it before it is registered onto your credit file for an easy life over the next six years, then that would be the simple solution – even though it may rankle to do it. It even rankles with me to give you this advice.

yes the dvla could fine you up to £1000

CEL got a backdoor CCJ because you didn't update your address with the DVLA

that's about the only way those private parking jokers ever win.

oh one last thing ITS NOT A PARKING FINE

thread retitled and moved to private parking forum

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

last line post 10

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Civil Enforcement Ltd are a Private Parking Company and 'manage' car parks on private land - as only a Court or authorised official such as a Traffic Warden can issue fines, this is not a 'fine'. It is (was) a speculative invoice inviting you to pay a charge for a breach of parking regulations or risk a civil court claim for the amount in question.

CEL issue a lot of charges for overstays in McDonalds for example

• Haha 1

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

correct

and they

In essence,

CEL sent you a bill and you didnt pay it.

they went to court after adding on another £200 in spurious charges and won as you didnt respond to the court claim form.

The truth is that if you had known about this you could have easily beaten it as CEL are not very honest in their actions and would have backed out of a court battle because of their antics are well known to judges and actually turning up would mean they probably wouldn't go home again afterwards for a while.

You can apply for a set-aside by filling out an N244 and paying the fee, which is recoverable if the matter is then heard again and you won.

If CEL sent paperwork to the address that was your address at the time you will get the judgement set aside and the matter will be reheard at a future date.

If you had moved before the date of the incident that gave rise to the claim then you are an utter fool and the judge may well decide that it as all of your own making and not grant the set-aside and you have to pay the full amount plus you will be in bother with the DVLA, your insurers etc.

RM forwarding costs £15 for 6 months, money well spent.

• Confused 1

Whilst set-aside is in place and even if I win, I take that the judgement will still on be judgement register for 6 years but will show as "satisfied" ?

Please can I check this with you?

- I'll know when I receive papers from court.

Hoping to receive very soon.

1) set aside will remmove CCJ, if credit refernce agnecy fail to remove it in good time you can sue them for any loss that you occur by it being present. This means that if you are turned down for a loan at advantageous rates and have to go with one of these usurious lenders they owe you the difference in interest paid.