You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• That's my view.  Where you've got some employment dispute which is really about the payment of money (as opposed to whether or not you've been unfairly dismissed or something) I don't understand why the first port of call is often a ET rather than a small claim.  You've got longer to do it than with an ET and I agree it's much simpler and much less stressful than an ET.   I also suspect an employer is more likely to overlook a small claim and end up losing a default judgment.  You still need to enforce it of course, but I suspect Nurseries prefer to avoid bad publicity if they can.   But I'm no employment law expert.
    • Dear All, thanks so much for taking time to answer me, I will read through these replies properly after breakfast. Really appreciate your time and wanting to help.   In answer to a couple of questions:    1. it was an expensive flat. I could afford it when I took it on, started to struggle with rent late last year, couldn’t get anyone to share (second bedroom I used as office is tiny). I knew the landlords wouldn’t let me out of the lease early, so I planned to stay till end of March, find somewhere cheaper. Lockdown messed up plans. Lowell’s mention my “staying months after I gave notice” - I gave notice in January that I would leaving before the lease was up. Couldn’t do that, Govt told us all to stay put.  2. The checkout will be completed this coming week. A worry for me is that there may be rain damage that they will try to charge me for, but the video should cover me there. (There was a spot on balcony where rain came into flat during heavy downpours - I put a plant in a pot there which blocked it, and it dried out. Some peeling to paintwork which would need touching up. Pointed this out to landlord during inspection last year. They said to keep eye and report if it got worse.) Other than that, fair wear and tear and not much of that, I never wore shoes indoors, don’t smoke. My cleaner cleaned inside cupboards, doors, skirting boards so it looks pretty immaculate.  3. I spoke to two former tenants who had trouble getting their deposits back, landlords tried to charge them hundreds for deep cleaning and spurious damage accusations. One still in dispute with them.    Will continue in a bit and try not to ramble.  Thanks
    • He said because I chose a 2 seater and 2 love seats, these are made to measure, custom made for me?   I chose the standard sizes, nothing out of the ordinary which could be sold again     I would have thought that but apparently not. He says I signed to agree to not being able to cancel as per their terms and conditions, but I cant see anywhere where it says I cant cancel unless it's after I received them?
    • Well do you agree with him that it is made-to-measure? Anyway, if they haven't been delivered then surely you are within the terms of the contract to cancel anyway.
    • he also said if I cancel I have to pay in full
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Sign in to follow this  
NewsBot

Can justice build on e-judiciary?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1319 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sign in to follow this