BankFodder BankFodder

AndrewKate

Tesco hudl2 and square trade insurance.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1280 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I'm after some advice. I bought a hudl2 June 2015 and took out the extended 2 year warrenty at the time. The hudl2 had to go for a repair due to a hardware fault and I have been told they cannot repair it. As hudl2s are no longer being made they said they would refund 69.99 as that is the price that today you can buy the same spec tablet for but my argument is that seeing as I paid 99.99 for it shouldn't I get back what I paid for it?

No.

You can get a new tablet (of the same spec) for what they are offering you, not even a 2nd hand one (as yours is 18 months old).

If they gave you 99.99, you'd have a new tablet of the same spec, 18 months use of your old tablet, and £30 in your pocket, and would have had "unjust enrichment".

You are only entitled to be put back in the position you would have been had the fault not developed, and even with the £69.99 you are still better off (getting a new one to replace the used one).

If it makes you feel better, think of the £30 as renting the old one for 18 months, allowing you to buy a new one now.

• Haha 1

I spoke to square trade yesterday and expressed my concern about the amount they were going to pay me for the tab and they agreed to pay the full purchase price of 99.99.