BankFodder BankFodder

ajibz

helpp fitspace, crs, spratt endicott

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1286 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

can anyone advise me on what to do,

I started a gym membership with fitspace for 12 months

my bank account was closed

I wrote a letter to the gym

a few months after I started getting calls and emails from crs which I ignored

I recently received a letter from Spratt endicott threatening legal action in 7 days.

The amount crs claims I owe is £270 which is ludicrous as I was paying £16 a month from January up until may.

Can anyone advise me on what to do as I also don't want my credit rating to be affected

Hi ajibz and Welcome to CAG

I have moved your thread to the appropriate forum (Gyms and Health Clubs) ...please continue to post here

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

no gym debt don't ever get on credit files

and you can safely ignore any DCA threats

they are NOT BAILIFFS.

1. Date you joined the gymlink3.gif.

2. Date you cancelled the DDlink3.gif mandate.

3. Dates and amounts that you actually paid by DD.

Just simple answers please.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Hi Ajibz,

Don't respond to Spratt at all for now and stay OFF the phone with Harlands/CRS, Zinc and Spratts.

I assume you had little or no say in the closure of your bank a/c, but please confirm.

Can you say if the closure happened due to a loss of work, a significant change in your financial, or anything similar.

With answers to these Q's, we can help you make the next best step.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

1.I joined the gym in January and cancelled the dd in may and I paid £16 a month from January till April

2.The closure of my account was because one of the terms and conditions of my account was violated hence I had no control over this

1.so you probably need to offer them payment for may [ if the D was cancelled before that months payment came out]

and for april so by letter that's in many threads here you OFFER them 2*£16 for may and june

but refuse to pay any of the unlawful penalty fees.

2. what was the reason for the closure of the bank account?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

who do I direct the letter to? Harlands or Spratt endicott? also is there a link to the threads with a letter I can send to them, that would be highly appreciated.

I was never told why it was closed just that I had violated the terms and conditions which was very unfair but there wasn't much I could do

Hi Aj,

I assume you were left with no bank a/c and short of money, or you'd have opened a new a/c and set up a new DD. If so, follow the advice below.

The letter will go to Harlands, not Spratts. Get a free Certificate of Posting at the PO counter.

The usual letter I suggest isn't quite right for you so use this adaptation :-

Dear Harlands,

I refer to my membership at Fitspace gym in [Town].

My bank closed my bank account back in May for reasons I need not go into and this left me without a bank account or funds

All I can offer you is one month's fee for the notice which I was unable to give you due to circumstances beyond my control. I will not pay you any administration or cancellation fees - these are penalties that are unlawful and unenforceable.

If you confirm in writing that you'll accept the amount of £16 in settlement of all that I owe, I will pay you promptly. If you fail to accept my offer within 14 days or you demand any other payment, I will pay you nothing and my offer will be withdrawn.

Yours faithfully,

Only use this if it's appropriate. If it's not, can you explain what's wrong so we can adapt.

Are you able to pay them if they accept (which they will NOT).

Do you have a new bank a/c now ?

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

hi, thanks slick, the letter you drafted for me is appropriate, if they accept I would be able to pay as I recently opened a new bank account.