purchased car mid may, had regular trips to dealer to be repaired

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I purchased a C8 in May this year, from around June the car has been back to the garage with the same issues, Diagnostics showed rail pressure sensor, fuel pressure sensor, or even both everytime they plugged it in and reset the the fault code, last time it was in the garage (just 2 weeks ago) they changed the map sensor. and and we are still having power issues as well as EML coming on,

Well today the car ended up being bought home on the back of a truck and the diagnostics the mechanic did before he picked car up showed same faults again...

Can I just reject this car now or do I have to give them another chance to fix it

please help

many thanks

Lets

I think that I would certainly be rejecting the car now. It's a shame that you didn't reject it right at the beginning within the first 30 days. It would have been much easier.

After 30 days but before six months, under the new 2015 act, the dealer has the right to attempt a repair after which he must replace or refund the price – and in the case of the car, minus part of the price to reflect the benefit that you have had from the car. After six months, things change and it depends on the seriousness of the defect and whether it deprives you of substantially the whole benefit of the contract. Because you are now after six months, I'm not quite sure that the position is because the fault that you are complaining about is one which existed before the six months and which the dealer tried to repair but which is continuing. I'm not sure whether in this case you're right to reject could be said to have been invoked at the time he attempted his first repair.

However, it seems to me that the fault is so serious that you satisfy the test that you have been deprived of the benefit of the contract and so on this basis, I think that you have a right to reject. However, I think that you have to invoke the right and so therefore I think that you need to write a letter to the dealer and tell him that in view of everything that has happened and the fact that the car does not run and the fact that there have been several repair attempts on the same fault, you are now rejecting the car.

Of course, if you want you can give him another chance to fix it but I would make sure that he has it in writing this is the last chance and that afterwards the car will be rejected. So play which way you want.

After that, you will find out what kind of dealer you have contracted with. Is he a consumer facing dealer who respects your rights and acknowledges his proper responsibilities – or is he a bit of a cowboy and is simply trying to get away by depriving you of your proper consumer rights.

Let us know how it goes

Many thanks BankFodder,

I will be doing a letter for them to have tomorrow rejecting the car, as enough is enough. we havent been anywhere as such with the car, the furthest we have been in on trip has been 14 miles there, because we havent been able to rely on the car.

i was thiking about giving them 3 choices

1) take car back for full refund

2) give us 1/2 back of what we paid so that we can get the car into main dealer to be repaired properly.

3) get them to take it to main dealer for repair and they cover the cost

what would be your thoughts

Many thanks

1) you wont get a full refund, the dealer would be entitled to adjust the amount for fair usage.

2) I dont like this idea, what if the main dealer cant repair it either?

The original dealer has resolved the issue as far as he will be concerned so you wouldnt be able to then go back and demand more.

3) Seems to be a reasonable suggestion as long as you make it clear its the last opprtunity to repair before the car is rejected

Others may well suggest alternatives in addition to the above

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Well I sent an email to the garage last night giving them 2 weeks to get it sorted or i will be looking to recieve a full refund and return the car to them, and that if nothing happens i will be looking to recover the cost through the courts.....i also phoned them first thing this morning, and the said they were just reading the email....and they will call me back.... mins later they called back to say they have booked the car in with mai dealer for wednesday and they will collect tomorow ...

so we will see what happens

Ok keep us posted with the main dealers findings etc

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Well have picked the car back up yesterday and was told that the problem lies with the car running low on fuel putting the blame back on me for the faults,

when i picked te car up i actually did a voice record and explained what fuel i pu i the car and at which millage point for example £15 every 90 miles, as the gauge cant be relied on..the dealer didnt say much to that.

i also asked that as the car is now sorted, i wont get any faults ...was told hopefully not.....

so now we will see.

"whats with the software update J66"

will keep you posted on the cars issues

• 2 weeks later...