Bluestone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2707 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm looking for a bit of advice

Back in 2005 whilst abroad in the Army

I bought a car on finance with a company called Armed services finance

I was paying over £200 a month

I left the army in 2009 and my wife and 1 year old son found a place to live and a new job

Unfortunately the day I left the Army the new job said they couldn't keep me on i couldn't keep up with my payments and unfortunately defaulted a couple times

Armed services finances got in contact and I explained my situation but the guy said he couldn't run his business by giving people a payment holiday and took a CCJ against me

In the end the court said I had to pay him £20 a month from now on so have been since

My wife and I split up a few years ago but the money was coming out her account and obviously she's cancelled it although she said she hasn'tAny way we've been paying a company called bluestone since the CCJ in 2009 and they've got in contact me with basically the following! I've asked to keep everything on email because they wanted to me to phone them!

We are contacting you regarding our client Armed Services Finance Ltd. Our reference is 441014E.

We have been receiving payments of £20.00 per month from you but have not received an instalment since 20/09/16.

Please confirm the reason why the amount due in October has not been paid.

Has there been a change to your circumstances ?

The current outstanding balance is £3435.36.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

.…......................................................

I then asked if it was that amount since I've been paying Armed services finance and then them since 2005/6ish

The balance outstanding is actually £3420.36. Apologies for supplying an incorrect figure in our earlier e-mail.

Judgment was obtained on 16/08/09 for £5140.36 (please see attached).

Since Judgment we have received instalment payments totalling £1720.00 therefore leaving a balance remaining of £3420.36.

We trust that this information will be of assistance to you.

Regards,

Bluestone Credit Management

I've never been able to find a CCJ against me on any credit agency website or on the register and they sent a photocopy of one, but it says I owe armed services finance and should pay them ! I was wondering could bluestone buy the debt from armed services finance without letting me know! I realise we have been paying Bluestone for a good few but had gotten used to it and I thought I did owe the money and was too ashamed and embarrassed to look too much into it so was happy to pay the £20 a month! I was just looking for some advice of what to do next? Should I continue to pay bluestone or ask why I'm not paying Armed services finance?!!

Thanks

Yes as its a ccj you should continue to pay bluestone

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

I've never been able to find a CCJ against me on any credit agency website or on the register
when did you search the judgment. judgments stay on the record for 6 years.

if a judgment debt has been sold on, then you shld get notice of.

" Judgment was obtained on 16/08/09 for £5140.36 (please see attached). "

On the Notice of judgment is there a claim number and who is named as the Solicitors for payment ?

Did you inform the Armed services finance of change of address ? Could Bluestone of sent the Notice of Assignment to your previous address...or did they only come into the equation after you moved to your current address?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the quick replies! Why would I be paying bluestone if the CCJ says to pay Armed services finance? The CCJ was in 2009 but it's never been on my credit file?! As far as I can remember I had to send my bank details after the CCJ and have been paying Bluestone ever since! I thought they were solicitors.

We are contacting you regarding our client Armed Services Finance Ltd

looks like they farmed it out for collection ie not sold on. but still shld have been given notice of.