3 accounts with one agency -one settled - will it show settled in full

bobby46
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2707 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Just a quick question which I hope someone may know the answer to.

I have a few debts with debt collection agencies which I am paying monthly to.

2 of the debts are with one agency but only one of these shows on my credit file as the other 'dropped off'.

My partner settled the account showing on the credit file in full using the agencies online payment facility.

The question is will this account/debt show as paid in full on my credit file or will I have to settle both accounts with this agency first?

kind regards

Robert

why are you blindly paying a DCA?

THEY ARE NOT BALIFFS!!

you might just as well have told her to burn that money for all the good its done you.

defaults are there for 6yrs regardless to paid/not paid/paying or not.

and settling these debts wont remove the defaults

and ir wont improve your credit score.

I really do hope she don't give them any card or bank details?

how recent was this payment of settlement?

have you ever sent these fleecers a CCA request to check they LEGALLY how the required paperwork [signed agreements[

to even demand money from you??

more of the story please

and what are/were the debts?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I don't have a default so that wasnt the reason for paying this.

These debts are over 6 years old but this account wasn't defaulted.

I did query whether this particular account should be on my credit record and received the following reply

'We can confirm that the contractual instalment amount that you have with Barclaycard for this account was £++++ per month,

you have continued to make these payments and as such, the account has not fallen into arrears.

A default will only be registered on your Credit File if you fail to make your payments in line with this agreed amount.

You would have a set time to redemy the arrears, of which you would be provided with written confirmation.

Only after this time would we be able to register the account with a default.

This account will therefore remain on your Credit File until the balance has been fully paid (and then six years from the date of clearance) or six years from the date of default (should the Credit Agreement become Terminated due to missed payments).'

The account was paid to a zero balance this week.

The other balances are being paid monthly on standing order from when the debts were moved on from credit card companies.

This was initially agreed to through CCCS as it was at the time and then the agreement was continued when CCCS refused to deal with me due to the length of time it would take to pay off the debt.

I have until this year had a complicated seperation/divorce/housing situation which meant any other course of action wasn't suitable.

I hope that if this account shows as 'settled in full'

I can try at settling the other accounts at a discount as I may receive a small lump sum that could do this at a discount.

I would still have about 4-5 years to pay at the current rate so hope they might be interested.

I haven't sent CCA letters mainly as these agreements were set up through CCCS as well as not wanting to rock the boat.

It would be nice to get to a straight edge after a crappy 8 years!

thanks for your time reading.

Dx100uk is correct that it will not alter your credit rating as the default will still show for 6 years. However if the money owed was the correct amount then the you will have peace of mind in yourself that you are paying off your debts and creditors will take it into consideration when you are looking to borrow in the future.

To answer your question by paying off that particular debt it will show on your credit file regardless of how many other debts you may have. But you do have to watch DCA's as some of them do add their own fees on to debts.

oh good I was a tad worried there

now please don't tell me these debts are all with link financial please........

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi again.

My credit report to be fair looks not bad as I haven't missed any payments once the agreement to pay fixed amounts were put in place and the account I am concerned with is not defaulted and fully paid on time every month for over the 6 years. Not paying any interest or fees.

Cabot is the company I have the multiple account with and have access to them online.

Sounds a bit sneeky but hoped to get the only account on my credit record settled in full to not make it any worse (show partial settlement) and then try to get a discount on the other 2 that aren't on there.

Not sure whether it will work.

cheers again

id be inclined to send a CCA request for the other two accounts

might save you having to pay anything if they are un-enforceable?

one final point

cabot cant default your file if the OC didn't already re: Barclaycard.

shame you didn't CCA that's on first too!

and they

if cabot has it, CCA them now. They dont collect enforceable debts,or if they do, they are very very rare.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi,

I will keep an eye out to make sure that the debt I have paid shows as paid on my credit record - I guess that they should send me a letter?

Could they insist the money paid is spread across all accts?

What would it mean if the debt is unenforceable? Does it go back to the original lender or mean they are more likely to take an offer?

cheers

Unenforceable means they would be unable to, or rather foolish to instigate court proceedings.

Wont stop them but then they assume you dont have a clue about your rights, but you are here at cag so no worries, we will guide you if need be.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Un-en means you pay them nowt!!

If you have not specifically quote the ac number of the debt to be settled when your GF paid it...its a gift for them to do as they like

You won't get any letter to say its settled I bet

and they

hello,

When I paid online it did reduce the account I wanted to settle ( as did it in bits)

not any of the others and

2 days after the last payment it did show a balance of zero.

I will see how it goes and then look to send the letter you mention.

when I send the CCA letter to them what response am I looking for?

Do I continue to make the payments I agreed to some years ago?

cheers

read the full CCA request

once they fail the 12+2 working days deadline

you could stop payments till they comply

after scanning the CCA return up here

on what bogroll they claim is compliant.

and they

Did you send the cca?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D