Maplins customer service

Jasonoughts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2711 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Girls / guys,

Not been around these parts for a while and always come back for expert advice.

I will keep it short at this stage, but will freely give more details as required.

OK, Bought a Parrot Bebop drone from Maplins in Leeds for £399 on the 5th of November 2016.

The kit / toy / camera flying entertain system comes with 3 batteries.

Followed all instructions and tried to fly it for probably all of 22 minutes, on the 6th of November.

Realised that one of the batteries was flashing red and not charging. At this stage I reckon the merchandise is faulty.

I take the whole kit back to Maplins in Leeds on the Tuesday of 8th of November, and explain the situation. They send the kit back to their engineers to examine battery and give diagnostic report, and would receive a letter confirming result.

Have heard nothing from customer service until I phoned Yesterday 16:30 17-11-16. Spoke to a Tony in customer services who said the battery was faulty but needed power recycling... said "an engineer will phone you back" "

got no phone call, so phoned back at around 19:30 and spoke to a David that said "your product is not faulty" He said "I have emailed a manager and they will call you today" NO CALL.

My question is, where do I stand on faulty goods and returns?

regards

You have what is known as the – short-term right to reject – which means that if you buy goods and a defect occurs within the first 30 days, then as long as you inform the seller unequivocally – and best in writing – that you are rejecting the item, they are bound to refund you in full.

You shouldn't have to be hassled like this on a failing battery. The best thing to do is simply assert your short-term right to reject. Go in with a letter and a copy of the receipt stapled to it and say that there is a fault – identify the fault – and say that you are now rejecting the drone under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and that you want a full refund. Leave the drone with them, of course. Maplin's are generally speaking a pretty decent company and they shouldn't cause any problem – but if they do, come back here and tell us about it. Also I suggest that you tweet their customer service Twitter account

@maplintweet

When you go to the shop, if they cause any problem then be fairly loud about what has happened and the fact that a 10-day-old drone is failing and that they won't respect your consumer rights. Of course, don't get so loud that they call the police. It would be a good idea also to going with a friend so that the exchanges recorded. We will be happy to link to the video if you want – but as I have said, I will be a little bit surprised if they caused to a problem. It's not like dealing with PC World

thanks for the feedback Bankfodder,

Had a call back this morning from a manager who is looking into the case, apparently I have caused damage to a side wing that you attach the drone while flying indoors or near buildings. This damage is a slight scratch, not sure if you have ever flown a drone, but they are feisty thing to get use to.

kind regards

Jason

Hi

Do not think they are claiming the scratch is affecting the battery, but going on the angle that the drone is damaged.

Apart from that the drone is in a nearly new condition as did not get much flying time out of it. The scratch came from losing control and hitting the side of the house.

Kind regards