Legal General. DAS Insurance. COMPLAINT Ombusman.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2713 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I'm insured by legal and general. This is for insurance which also has Family Legal Cover. I am having problems with DAS Legal, who say my claim ins not covered, I disagreed, went through appeal procedure.

The family insurance cover came as part as the home insurance policy. I am now going to make a complaint to the Ombusman. I rang Legal and General because the policy was introduce by them to us, so I thought my complaint was against them.

They have said, no, it is with DAS Legal, I told them they had put this out to tender to DAS so it's you who must carry the can.. am I right.

This DAS Insurance is part of L&G Home Insurance contract you signed up to, unless it is made clear by L&G that the DAS policy is separate for FOS complaints purposes.

Looking at your policy under the Family Legal Cover, what does it state in regard to the complaints process? It must state a complaints process to be compliant with FCA ICOBS rules.

It might be the case that DAS is responsible under your policy for dealing with complaints and if so you need to send the complaint to them.

If you want any advice about the complaint issue they say is not covered, you would need to provide details.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi i have already complained to DAS, they say they cannot do anymore. I going to Ombusman, whom is the COMPLAINT against DAS or Legal and General. I pay the monies to L&G

Thanks,

Wmwallace.

Read the Legal cover section about complaints process.

I suspect all complaints about the legal cover must be against DAS.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi i have already complained to DAS, they say they cannot do anymore. I going to Ombusman, whom is the COMPLAINT against DAS or Legal and General. I pay the monies to L&G

Thanks,

Wmwallace.

Depends what your complaint is about, if it's about the policy being sold, it's Legal and General, if it's about the content of the policy and as you say about not being covered, it's DAS they underwrite the own policies.

Need assistance in what it's about? the board may be able to help, or at least offer an opinion?

Its the way the policy has been sold. I thought by reading the bumf, at the end off the day if you were not happy with something in policy it was Legal and General that dealt with it, I did not then have to go and chase another company. Im paying Legal and General for this policy, its goes out my bank every month. it may be me I may be bit thick :violin:

Wmwallace.