Noerthern Parking Services Pcn - Kenton Retail, Halewood Ave, Gosforth, Newcastle

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody,

I've been pointed in this direction by a reddit user for help relating to a Parking Charge Notice.

I took my car to my local garage to get an MOT check done on 01/09/2016.

The owner then drove the car to the MOT garage and parked it up inside and then returned back to his garage.

A few hours later I hadn't received a phone call yet to say it had been completed so I rang up to find out that my car was OK to collect.

I then made my way there and collected my car from the (private) parking lot less than 30 meters away from the MOT garage.

Fast-forward a week or so and I've received a letter in the post saying my car was broke the allowed parking period in the car park and I need to pay a fine for £100,

I replied to the letter stating the address of my local garage and to take it up with them

- I then received an email a month later saying that the time period had ran out and I had to pay urgently

- I reminded them that I sent a letter in the post some time later I received this response

I then replied with this email (1, 2) using a template I was advised to use.

I then explained to take this matter up with my local garage and the MOT centre.

I then received this.

What should my next action be?

I'm really not in a position to be able to afford £100 so close to Christmas.

My local garage has told me that they can vouch that I wasn't the person who drove the car there/parked it in the space.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

EDIT:

I now have a signed and stamped note from the doctors saying I was there when this incident took place.

I've managed to find my google location history showing the time I dropped the car off at my local garage and when I picked it up from the MOT centre, this is attached.

My local garage has said if it goes to court they will provide further evidence that I didn't have the car after 9am until

Also included text to girlfriend with date and timestamp. Omitted names etc for confidentiality

EDIT 2 - it turns out I cant include links or images, any idea on this first?

Text evidence_LI (2).jpg

Receiving Car.jpg

Dropping Car.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by nh95

Hi and welcome to CAG.

Thanks for the info so far but it will make things a bit easier if you fill this out for us.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket&p=4883055&viewfull=1#post4883055

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

its NOT A FINE!!

its a speculative invoice

thread title changed

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and welcome to CAG.

Thanks for the info so far but it will make things a bit easier if you fill this out for us.

1 Date of the infringement

01/09/2016

2 Date on the NTK

Unfortunately I can't find the original NTK however an e-mail from Northern Parking Services (the PPC) states it was dated 04/10/2016

3 Date received

As above

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?

No but they have since referenced this act

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

Not that I know of

6 Have you appealed? Attempted

Have you had a response? I sent NPS information relating to the keeper at the time however I received no response from them. I had sent them the name of my local car garage as they had my car from 9:30am and then took it to an MOT centre where I reclaimed my car at 3:50pm.

I sent an email asking for an update on this and they replied saying that I didn't name a driver - just an organisation and this was insufficient and since more than 28 days had passed I was unable to appeal.

7 Who is the parking company?

Northern Parking Services

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

Kenton Retail, Halewood Avenue, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne

Northern Parking Services are minnows in the world of parking companies. From what I can find they issued just over 4000 tickets this year. That is tiny in comparison to others. They have taken court action with around 6 cases this year.

I would have said to ignore them initially but now that is out of the way, you are under no obligation to name an individual. You will have sufficient proof that you were not the driver at the time.

Get those statements from the doctor and the garage (if not done so) and keep them safe. Find the NTK. This is just in case they do take court action.

As NPS are members of the flawed IPC, you will never win any appeal to them or to the IAS so the chance to hit them where it hurts is likely to be through the courts (if they choose to go down that route)

You didn't park the car in the car park, a member of the garage staff did. You don't know who that was and I'm sure the garage can't remember who it was.

Your girlfriend didn't park the car so no liability exists to either of you. If NPS want to go further, they would have to go after the garage but of course they can't as it is far too complicated for them to bother with.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

This is exactly what I'm hoping to do.

I already have a doctors letter,

google location history and text evidence to show when I dropped off and picked up the car.

My local garage (who took the car to the MOT centre) have said they will only provide evidence I was booked in that day if it goes to court (I'm assuming they want to keep their log view out of the legal eye unless absolutely necessary)

Unfortunately I keep reading the POFA 2012 and it regularly states that:

(The PPC must) "warn the keeper that if, at the end of the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to keeper is given—

(i)the amount of the unpaid parking charges (as specified under paragraph © or (d)) has not been paid in full, and

(ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver,the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid;"

Does that not mean that I need to be able to name the driver? Or am I reading too much into this?

Edited by nh95

Yes you are reading too much into it. You have no idea who was the driver as the car wasn't in your possession at the time. They could try and make the keeper liable but I cannot see how they could ever make you liable.

Even the fact that the garage will only confirm that you were booked in is enough.

Thank you, I'm going to try and draft an email to send to NPS stating:

I have no idea who the driver of the car was or who parked it and it's unreasonable to suggest I can.

I don't see how I could ever be liable to pay this invoice.

I have attached relevant documentation (including, google history for dropping off and picking up car, MOT certificate, text message proof of collection and doctors note proving I was unable to park the car).

Is there anything else you think I should add?

Thanks again, you've been a great help :-D

This was the last correspondence they sent - do you think it's even worth replying to?

Last correspondence.pdf

You have tried to get sense out of them and they havent made any effort do my advice is to ignore them. There is no keeper liability, you have indicated who was driving at the time (up to them what to do with this information but they cant hold you liable) and as long as you have proof you sent an email/letter regarding this they cannot lawfully claim a penny from you.

So, let them waste their time and money barking up the wrong tree. If they threaten court action you already have a defence but it is more likely they will get a pet letter writer to sedn you scary letters sayingyou now owe £160 for reasons unexplained. Dont respond to those either, they ahve no authority to do anything other than waste their clients money on stamps.

Let us know if you do get any more correspondence so we can reassure you/warn you of its contents.

Thank you so much for the response!

And sorry for my formatting being a nightmare,

I'm not used to attaching images/documents in text

- I prefer hyperlinks :???:

I was tempted to e-mail them just one last e-mail stating the facts, mentioning unreasonable behaviour as they have not considered an appeal. Then move on.

Perhaps adding that should they raise a claim, I am confident in my position and will counterclaim for a misuse of personal information - referencing Google v Vidal-Hall.

Just overall clarifying my position that I won't be paying - a long with providing them with the new information I have managed to receive (GP note, Google location history etc).

I'll take your advice though and just ignore it, I promise to keep you all updated. Thanks again

Edited by nh95

• 1 month later...

Threads merged

Please keep to one thread

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You can totally ignore dcbl they are not bailiffs in this case

and they

Sorry for not updating this thread, I wasn't aware for the rule.

Thanks for the advice, I assume that they're just going to sound threatening? What is the future legal thing they're on about? Should I worry that they're actually on TV etc?

ah this is where you are being HAD you see.

DCBL might very well be high court bailiffs

but they are also Debt Collectors [A DCA]

a DCA [ or them acting under that hat]

carries NO BAILIFF POWERS

sadly a big read but will explain all

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?454888-dcbl-notice-of-enforcement-re-New-Generation-Parking-charge-notice&highlight=DCBL

dx

and they

Hi,

I've had a similar issue going with DCBL over a PCN I received - I currently have a thread ongoing which you could view.

Since Ahew1910 hasn't yet replied to your questions I wonder if any of the information I have could help

and they

standard threatogram. you can safely ignore this and any other letter from a dca. As said, the company may have a bailiffs's cert but they are just using this as a way of misleading you into thinking that they somehow have powers that they dont have in this matter. Let us know if you get any more lettes and who from, sometime it is prudent to respondbut not to this lot.

Am I right in thinking that I've massively overlooked the fact that the issuers name is on the MOT certificate

- surely this indicates the driver at the time?

I'll send a standard LBC to DCBL tomorrow with proof of delivery from the Post Office.

Furthermore I'll email NPS stating the issuer on the certificate and explain I'm disappointed common sense hasn't prevailed. Hopefully this works

no don't invite DCBL lettertennis

and they

for you poss yes you named the driver......

but it would leave him in the poo....

and fund their harassment of other though

dx

and they

why do you think this will do you any good?

DBCL have nothing to do with anything,

they are just paid to write letters, not read them.

they wont stop bothering you if that is what you think, they are paid to bother you so they will.

IGNORE THEM.

as for your other point,

it may help you jsut to say that the car was in the care of XYZ garage ltd

but if they deny they are at fault then you are still in the frame so it will ahve served no purpose

Am I right in thinking that I've massively overlooked the fact that the issuers name is on the MOT certificate

- surely this indicates the driver at the time?

I'll send a standard LBC to DCBL tomorrow with proof of delivery from the Post Office.

Furthermore I'll email NPS stating the issuer on the certificate and explain I'm disappointed common sense hasn't prevailed. Hopefully this works