Frankie vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Frankie Frankie -- they will probably get back to you with an offer - its the number on the offer letter. With me being in the north east, mine was a Newcastle number, but as I understand it, they are sent from different regional offices. Best wishes.

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys, tomorrow is the 16th which means that their 14 days will be up, and its on to MCOL!

So I need to do up another spreadsheet and add the 8% interest, right? My question is - it says on this page.. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

that I need to send the banks a schedule of charges - is this the schedule I already sent them with my prelim and my LBA? Or do I need to send them another one?

Can anyone help?! Does anyone know?

Frankie.xx

If your schedule has changed since you first sent a copy to the Hx then you should send an updated copy, so they are aware of the actual claim. If you've not had any new charges on your account then they've already got the details.

With MCOL you enter your claim and give the money amount, some people say you have to send 3 pies of the spreadsheet as supporting documents. However, MCOL don't need this. If the case is defended they will assign it to a local court, you will be notified, and then you can send in supporting documents.

You'll need the spreadsheet with the 8% to do MCOL, it seems pretty straightforward.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Well the only way it has changed is that now I'm after the 8% as well as the costs. So am I right in thinking the bank don't need another copy just yet?

So, when Hx say they'll defend, thats when I send in my new spreadsheet?

Do I need to put my court costs (eg the MCOL fee) into the spreadsheet or do I just add it to the MCOL file?

Thanks for all your help!

Frankie.xx

Hi Frankie,

The court costs are itemised on the MCOL, as are the charges and interest. Its pretty straight forward to complete, it must be, I managed it! lol. I'm just ahead of you, they've replied to mine intending to defend, I wait with baited breath!! :)

HALIFAX - S.A.R Sent 11/01/06 :)

Prelim Sent 23/11/06 ;)

LBA Sent 07/12/06 :rolleyes:

Offer received 21/12/06

MCOL Issued 02/01/07:)

CLAIM PAID IN FULL (£2531.00) 18/01/07 :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When you file the claim online it automatically calculates the Court fee and adds this into your claim you dont need to do anything about that. Some people suggest sending a copy of the spreadsheet with the 8% to the Court for them to srve on the Defendants. I would wait until you get an acknowledgment of the claim or a Defence and send it directly to them. You can check all your progress online once the claim is filed it is easy to use

HSBC 1st preliminary letter £3692 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

HSBC 1st Preliminary Letter £3280 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

Halifax Visa SADR 11.10.06

CITI SADR 12.10.06

HSBC Gold card SADR 23.10.06

OK so I have another question. I have used a spreadsheet 3b on this list VAMPIRESS'S CHAMBER OF "CONSUMER ACTI..., in order to calculate the 8% interest and the daily rate, but I think I've done this wrong aswell!

I am claiming over 2 accounts, and on the first - the total of charges is £1220. However, the spreadsheet calculates interest of £217.25 - surely this can't be right? If I use a calculator, to get 8% of £1220, all I get is £97.60? Have I used the wrong spreadsheet?

Frankie.xx

No cos its the daily rate applied it will be right. If you want to double check go into bank templates, No6 interest calc sheets. Bank accounts England Simple Excel enter a charge in and the date and see if comes out with the same figure

HSBC 1st preliminary letter £3692 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

HSBC 1st Preliminary Letter £3280 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

Halifax Visa SADR 11.10.06

CITI SADR 12.10.06

HSBC Gold card SADR 23.10.06

Hiya Frankie.

My smaller claim is £1,157 and the interest is 259 so yours sounds about right.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

OK so I have another question. I have used a spreadsheet 3b on this list VAMPIRESS'S CHAMBER OF "CONSUMER ACTI..., in order to calculate the 8% interest and the daily rate, but I think I've done this wrong aswell!

I am claiming over 2 accounts, and on the first - the total of charges is £1220. However, the spreadsheet calculates interest of £217.25 - surely this can't be right? If I use a calculator, to get 8% of £1220, all I get is £97.60? Have I used the wrong spreadsheet?

Frankie.xx

Hi Frankie, got your PM. Yes, 8% of £1220 is £97.60, but remember, the spready works out the interest on each charge from the date of the charge at the rate of 8% per year.

Post up the date & amount of your oldest & newest charges on your sheet, and I (or somebody) can check for you.

Thanks everyone!!

Bill-K thanks, so much! I just thought it was simple interest (from the limited maths I can remember from school!)

OK, oldest charge on one account is: £30, 31/10/02 interest:£10.11

newest charge on same account is: £39, 4/10/06 interest:89p

On the other account, oldest charge:£30, 15/3/2006 interest:£2.02

newest charge on same account: £28, 30/11/06 interest:29p

Does that seem right?

Frankie.xx

Ahh thankyou!! But now I am confused all over again! I am trying to calculate my daily interest in pence, which I thought you got by multiplying the charges by 0.00022?

On my spreadsheets, however - the claim for the charges of £1220 calculates the daily interest at 31.5p and the claim for charges of £624 calculates daily interest at 14.28p Do these sound right?

And also, one small question - will MCOL ask me for details of what the daily rate of interest is? And if they do, are these amounts what I put in? I'm about to start the MCOL thang!! lol

Frankie.xx

Sorry I couldn't get back to you quickly, Frankie. I don't know how your spready calculated the daily rate, but I think the x.00022 method would have been correct. Your daily figures seem a little bit high, but I doubt if it will make a lot of difference, so I wouldn't worry. I'm sure you'll have your money well before the baby's due !! :)

Aw thanks yet again Bill-K, you've been such a fabulous help to me!! Well, baby is due in 7 weeks, so to really be able to enjoy some extra cash before she is born, it would be brill if I could get something within the next couple of weeks!

Oooooh I can't believe I'm soooo close!! Cross fingers for me!!

So MCOL say they sort claims out after 10am the following morning - does that mean that Halifax will be served after 10 am tomorrow? Ooooooh!!

Frankie.xx

Awww :-( That feels like ageeees!!

Nah no banana and anchovy pizzas for me, I'm really into fried egg sarnies at the mo. Luckily my husband makes the best fried eggs in the world, but I have ALOT of running to do after this baby is born!!

I can't find much to read up about the whole MCOL process. I feel a bit daunted, but its just sit and wait now, isn't it?! I'm crap at waiting!!

Frankie.xx

Well, you can have two of everything at the mo' so enjoy !!! She'll keep you busy enough when she comes - no need for jogging !! Sorry, I don't use MCOL myself, but I believe that, after you've served the claim, the process is much the same as the N1 method, and is referred to your local county court if they don't pay up immediately.

I'm sorry I can't make the waiting any easier, matey, but you have to let Nature take her course !!! :)

• Confused 1

I would think if you've sent MCOL a schedule of charges, then you shouldn't need to send another. The "requested" status will be MCOL acknowledging your claim. They will then do their thing and post the claim, at which point there will be a definite date by which it will be "deemed served." Then it's tick-tock.

Put your feet on the desk - you'll be multi-tasking later !! (Being a bloke, I could never understand that word !!) Cheers for the click, matey !

Bill

No I haven't sent a schedule to MCOL, they didn't ask me for one as yet. I've seen other threads that say that when Halifax acknowledge the claim, thats when you send the schedule in. Maybe I'll do that - I'm sure MCOL would let me know if they need anything else. :-S

Frankie.

Hi frankiefrankie --- hold in there -- won't be long now and you'll be in the money!!! Best wishes. jaxads

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek: