Shell garage, Gatwick parking charge notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2688 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I also got a PCN from ECPs in july 16, for parking at the Shell garage, Gatwick. ANPR demanding £100 - £60 if i pay now

On the advice of Money saving expert, i have ignored the letter

Now its mid Nov 16, Debt recovery plus ltd have written asking for £160 on behalf of clients ECP, with 5 days to pay or they take to court

On basis of what ive read here, im gonna gamble to ignore and see what happens.....am I right?

I got a PCN from ECPs in july 16, for parking at the Shell garage, Gatwick. ANPR demanding £100 - £60 if i pay now

On the advice of Money saving expert, i have ignored the letter

Now its mid Nov 16,

Debt recovery plus ltd have written asking for £160 on behalf of clients ECP, with 5 days to pay or they take to court

On basis of what ive read here, im gonna gamble to ignore and see what happens.....am I right?

That was 20 mins ago, and ive just read a few stickys and one says NOT to ignore any correspondence

I thought this had gone away as ive not heard a thing since July.

Dr+ can do nowt

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That is not what DR+ said,

that is what they want you to think they said,

they have no interest in anything and can do nothing at all other than write scary letters.

Ignore them,

I doubt if ECP really have the heart to lose money taking it further

but you should tell us if you still have the original NTK so we can forearm you should you get more hassle.

Ive thought more about this since posting yesterday and a few points come to mind

1. Anyone can enter the Shell garage forecourt and spend their time and money there both on fuel and in the shop / toilet. So flipping what if that takes more than 20 mins.

2. I didnt sign a contract to accept the parking terms as I didnt go there to park.

I went in to use the toilet and get some coffee and food

3. I get begging letters from all sorts of charities etc asking for donations. I dont subscribe to them. What makes ECP any different?

4. I have not received a pro forma invoice for parking there

5. I didnt issue a purchase order to ECP and wont be paying their invoice.

6. I havent entered into any dialogue or correspondence with ECP or DR+, and their letters were normal mail, so they have no proof Ive even had the letters.

7. No one patrolled the park, no one issued a ticket, in fact no one knows my reason for even being there.