WishPositivity

Compliance Officer DWP making my life hell

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1096 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All again ,

It's bad enough I've had my pip stopped now to add insult to injury I've had a compliance officer first of all sent my carer a letter saying she had to attend an interview with them but they would like to see them at home (they live with me) ,

When there grandmother died suddenly during surgery she had her perants down from the north for them all to support each other ,

So my Carer rang and tried making an appointment which they said they HAVE to see them the following day ,

The compliance officer was on the door after the phone call saying she hadn't heard anything from the officer , when she knocked again I got annoyed so I went and told her straight to have some decency and leave them grieve in peace ,

As I was talking to her she had her head over my shoulder looking in the house so I slammed the door shut ,

Anyway they said to her when she went to the appointment that it was because she worked for a day ! But asked what kind of things did she help me with , etc which I thought was weird ,

Well after they stopped her income support until they had a year worth of bank statements as soon as they were handed in they reinstated it the same day ,

Then 3 weeks later I get the same letter saying they were going to visit me at my home in 3 weeks , that was last week but I had an emergency doctors appointment so I text them to let them know ,

Then she rang me and was so rude ! ,

She said "im not travelling to your house again it's too far you will have to come to the job center , you should have rang me and told me you had a doctor's appointment and not leave me drive all the way up there"

I told her "your letter said 9-3pm so you should have given me a specific time , I thought I'd be back and able to see you after all you have been threatening me with stopping what little money I have , I've already lost my pip"

She didn't even know it had been stopped so with some further asking I finally got it out of her what it was about , she said

"Well you were Recieving severe disability premium and you should not have been Recieving it if your carer lives with you , so you will have to pay all that back"

I told her I didn't know that and why would I know and that I signed a letter to say I'd be happy for my carer to claim carers allowance and therfore they should have stopped my disability premium as I've never hidden it from them that my carer lives with me ,

She said she would have to dig up the forms I signed etc but I need to interview you first ,

She wants me to travel 24 miles to see her at the jobcenter

I can't see why she can't just "dig up" the forms first

There's no way I can make it Friday 9am

What can I say to her ?

I apologise for this being so long

Thank you