fletch70

SLC Special Support Grant

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1069 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I am just looking for some definitive answers regarding eligibility for SSG as I am being given conflicting info

I am not one of the 2016 cohort so the old rules apply - I started my course in 2014

In march i was told that provided that i could demonstrate Housing benefit 3 weeks into my course this would qualify me for the SSG however SFE are now saying that this is not sufficient and I need to fulfil another criteria. They are claiming that the documents I provided are out of date although I supplied the link below dated Sept 2016.

However a page on my SFE page says HB is a reason for getting it as does the following link

http://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/media/6934/sfe_1617_assessing_financial_entitlement.pdf

I am trying to get together some stuff for an appeal

I would very much value some opinion, if I am wasting my time so be it , just ant to know if I am on the right side

Needless to say, if my PIP Tribunal is a win in Dec, this will all be academic

Thanks

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .