CRS (Zinc Group & Harlands)

AndrewKate
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am looking for some advice.

I received a txt today from CRS (Credit Resource Services) stating "We are now able to offer you an amazing 50% settlement. Please call CRS on 01444 449 165 between 08:00 and 6pm in order to agree with us.

This confused me as i wasn't aware i owed them any money so i called up to see what this was about.

According to them it was a Gym membership from Nov 2012. They claim that i had spoken to them in March 2013 and agreed to provide proof of address as i had moved away from the area in Feb 2013 around 80 miles away.

Now hears were i got confused, I recall speaking to the Zinc Group about this query on 04/04/13 and they agreed that as long as the proof was sent to them that the account would be closed so i got a letter of my local council to say when i moved out of the council house which was 23/02/13. From which i have never heard any reply about this. And in speaking to the Zinc Group today, as far as they are aware the account is closed.

CRS are adamant that there is over £200 on the account outstanding and they can reduce this to £165.

I told them that as far as i am aware the account was closed and that i wasn't going to pay them a penny.

They said they would put the account on hold for a week and the call me back? why i don't know.

I did when i decided to cancel the membership speak to staff in the Gym and they just said its fine. As i moved and was at the time suffering from Severe Depression and Anxiety and this info was relayed onto the Zinc Group as all the harassment was making things worse.

At the time of signing up i was unaware that it wouldn't be with the Gym but with some other company.

Any help or advice on what to do next would be Greatly appreciated.

Ignore

And stop phoning no legal powers DCA's

They are not bailiffs!!

Can't do anything to you

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi AK,

Stay OFF the phone from now on !!

If they call you back, tell them, "In writing only." and hang up with NO further discussion.

There's no need to respond to CRS (Credit RESOLUTION Services) begging letters or texts. And don't speak to Zinc again either. If you really owed anything, they'd have sorted this before 4 years had passed by !!

Harlands/CRS are just trying it on and, once they realise you can't be fooled or bullied into paying, they'll leave you alone.

Keep us posted and read about Harlands/CRS on other threads here, so you see how they operate.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Great !!

If they call you, follow, my advice above.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

[ATTACH]65886[/ATTACH]

Had this sent to an old address.

I was thinking of sending a letter to them but I'm not quite sure what to say in it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by AndrewKate

Attachment unapproved. Waaay too much personal info on it.

Can you repost minus the name at the top and rename the file into an anonymous one.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi AK,

If necessary you can hide any personal identifiers and re-post the letter for us to see. I doubt it contains anything we've not seen before, or that we need to see now.

However, you need to make sure you always know what Harlands/CRS are up to so send them the following letter :-

Harlands Group

2nd Floor, Rockwood House

9-17 Perrymount Road

Haywards Heath

West Sussex

RH16 3TW

Dear Harlands/CRS,

You have written to me at an old address so please note my current address is :-

xxxx, xxxxx, xxxx, xxxxx

Write to me here if you have anything to say but I will not be paying Harlands/CRS or anyone about a matter that is several years old.

Yours sincerely,

Send this and get a free Certificate of Posting at the Post Office to keep as proof of posting.

It's far better to know what they're up to, rather than them use an old address to take court action that would be undefended by you.

Get the letter sent off asap.

• 1 month later...

apparently now my account has been passed back to the Zinc Group and have had a txt and letter now stating that i owe £347.04 but can settle today for £260.28 now or over the next 3 months.

Am sending them a email.

why?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Don't really know they haven't been in contact since early December and letter just states

Dear ......

We have been instructed by our above noted clients "CRS on behalf of a gym" in our capacity as Credit Management Professionals to commence formal recovery proceedings against you for this outstanding amount.

£347.04

We would therefore like to offer you the opportunity to find a resolution before any further action is required, you can:

Setup an affordable repayment plan (please call email of logon to the website)

Pay a one off settlement of £260.28 now or over the next 3 months.

Payments can be made by means of credit or debit card by calling zinc

alternatively please send a bank transfer to etc..

Please do not underestimate the seriousness of this matter and attend to this notice immediately. We are here to help and will be happy to assist you, with any queries.

don't enter into any stupid letter tennis

esp by email.

it gives them a free way to harass you instead of having to waste money on a stamp.

there is nothing they can do to you.

go read post 2 again...

dx

and they

Absolutely agree with DX.

Ignore their letter/demand/reduced settlement offer completely.

If you reply it suggests you are still taking them seriously to some extent.

If you ignore whatever they tell you, they will finally realise you're not worried about their demands.

Ignore them completely for now and keep us posted.