Vodafone lost my number

Said
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

on 9th of Sep 2016 I contacted Vodafone to move one of our contract number to payAsYouGo and i was told it normally take 30 days.

on 16th Sep i received an email if i paid £68.18 early release charge it will be as pay as you and I accepted the payment to be on our bill and received an email that the number was made as payAsyouGo and a sim is on the way.

I kept on calling and going to VF branch but with fail, I spent minimum one hour to explain to each representative about my case but with. fai .

I sent a written complain and followed by phone call and last friday11 Nov 2016 one of their call centre told me that I just needed to buy a new payAsyouGo sim with £10 credit and use it and call them back to port my old number to this new number. very simple and easy.

I called today after spending one hour and half the guy told me that the number was cancelled and it is no longer with vodafone.

but I can see on our last month bills as it was billed the with last amount.

How can it be lost?

Is there a place to make my complain and get back my old number?

regards

Said

Hi and welcome to CAG. I have added a Twitter link to your post so that the media team will get an alert.

If you are able to record phone calls, I suggest ringing them and raising this as a complaint. They may have given your number to someone else rather than not being on their system.

I also suggest following this up with a written Formal Complaint sent by snail mail to their head office but get it sent by Signed For Delivery.

If you do record them on your phone, you have no need to tell them however if you want to publish the recording you will need permission. You can publish a transcript of the conversation but you must remove all names.

You may recall that VF got hit by the largest fine for a telecoms company. This is due to the way they dealt with customers when they moved from one system to another and basically screwed up the data along the way causing untold misery for thousands. They are getting better but I suspect it will be a while before they get their act together.

What you want is that they find and re-issue your phone number, an apology for their poor performance and a decent Gesture of Goodwill for the trouble THEY have put you through.

If it becomes needed, a complaint to the CEO may elicit the right result

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Irritating as it is, the mobile operators only ever loan you "your number", and their terms and conditions make it plain you have no rights to keep it.

That said, push hard to get them to retrieve it for you.

Act quickly, as they can "recycle" numbers, but don't usually do so straight away, so the sooner you act the better.

Whilst you do not have any legal "right" to "your number", so many people (& businesses) would be outraged at loosing tbeir number through no fault of their own. (My number I've had for over 20 years!, including the move from 09* to 079*, and it would hurt to loose it!).

So, hit Voda where it hurts : in the profit line.

Share your story on social media : if you only post verifiable truth, Voda can't prevent it or sue. Make sure people see it and think twice about using Voda : it may spur Voda into resolving the situation, rather than them leaving it with a succession of (uniformed / unable) first line support staff.

A couple of things spring to mind here:

You cannot port within a company, you would have to port to another network and then port back to vodafone.

If your contract was paid up and at its end, ut would normally revert to being a sim only, 30 day rolling contract which can easily be converted to payg within vodafone, no need to port anything and takes no more than 24 hrs with most providers.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.