Illegal clamping

redbeh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife took our car to her work today,

parked in a bay that lets her stay for 3 hrs. S

he works part time.

Came back at dinnertime to find the car clamped with no note or stick left on the car and no identifying marks on the clamp apart from a "H" cut into it.

She collared a warden who said it was nothing to do with him,

and who checked with the local council,

no record of them clamping the car.

She checked with the police who checked the car was insured/taxed/MoT'd etc.

They also contacted DVLA, and there was nothing outstanding, no warrants etc. (I'm sure I'd remember one).

The Police advised us to cut it off, so we did.

Should I expect any comeback and how should I deal with it??

unmarkedclamp.jpg

Brilliant, how did you cut it off?

I'd have cut it right through the middle so it was totally unusable.

No doubt it was some joker thinking it would be funny, wouldn't be in the slightest bit worried about any come back, I'd go as far as to say park there again.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I spent £5 in B&Q and bought a set of 3 twelve inch hacksaw blades on my way over to help her.

After a good 10 mins I'd cut through one side of the padlock.

Unfortunately, it was the wrong side!

I cut through the other and it fell off.

Removed the clamp, chucked it in the boot and drove off with a fully working clamp...

I spent £5 in B&Q and bought a set of 3 twelve inch hacksaw blades on my way over to help her. After a good 10 mins I'd cut through one side of the padlock. Unfortunately, it was the wrong side! So I cut through the other and it fell off. Removed the clamp, chucked it in the boot and drove off with a fully working clamp...

Oh well some fool has lost their illegal clamp! Ha ha ha I strongly doubt they'd be dumb enough to ask you for it back, if they were, then you could give it to the Police to deliver..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Some muppet in a hi-viz misunderstanding their powers no doubt. i would be tempted to keep saw in car and park there again. It will cost someone a small fortune in clamps and eventually they may understand the relationship between cause and effect. In the meanwhile, if you get a letter to the keeper of the vehicle about this please dont throw it away, you can have your revenge for the time wasted if you wish