BankFodder BankFodder

damiencannell

Dealer refusing to repair unfit vehicle!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1285 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

So....

Bought a 55k plate used Mazda 5 from a dealer for 5.5k on September 14th 2016 (paid half on Credit Card)

Gear shift was sticky but I thought I just needed to get used to the new gear box and got worse recently so took it to a local independent who said that there was a fault with the gearbox and I should speak to the dealer.

So last week I emailed and said the car had a gearbox fault and wasn't fit for purpose and offered him an opportunity to fix it. They agreed to have a look and called me today to say that it need a new Syncro Mesh on the gearbox.

The dealer says that as its done 1300 miles since I purchased it he's not willing to pay the full cost of repair and is willing to make a contribution towards it. They reckon it will cost about £650. I haven't abused the car in any way and very disappointed with the dealers attitude.

I could move to reject the car under Consumer Rights (but its after 30 days) but if he refuses then I'm into a long and lengthy small claims battle.

Or should I push him harder? really not sure how to play it or what my rights really are in this scenario?

I would be really appreciative of any advice or opinions.

Thanks

Damien

Barclaycard

S.A.R sent 18/01/07 :o

7 Day reminder 02/03/07

Some statements rec'd 19/03/07

ICO Complaint 20/03/06

Alea iacta est