Cabot letter threatening court action over old barclaycard account

redbeh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had a letter from Cabot for an old barclaycard I took out last century, and have been paying a small nominal amount since I left my previous job.

What does prescribed terms mean?

I also read elsewhere, asking for a copy of the CCA was an admission the debt was correct, is this true?

I was considering asking them for this,

as currently I am off work recovering from a serious illness and really do not want the stress of this.

They have also credit searched me recently,

I'm pretty sure that's not legal as I have certainly never given them permission to do so.

Hi, I took out a Barclaycard a long time ago and fell into arrears after a road traffic accident which happened about 20 yrs ago, then 3 yrs ago I had to leave my old job. At the time I put the payment down to £1/mth and I haven't contacted them again since.

They have now credit searched me for which I have certainly never given them permission and they have come to the conclusion my situation has changed. Well it has. I am employed again, but have had to take the last 2 months off for cancer treatment.

They are now threatening legal action if I don't contact them. The letter is dated 5th November, I rec'd it Friday the 11th and I've got 14 days from the 5th to talk to them.

I really don't need any more stress at this point in my life and I don't want to have to phone and re-negotiate everything, because right now, I can't even afford the £1/mth I am paying them currently.

What should I do?

Many thanks in advance

Why are you blindly paying a dca??

They are not bailiff s and have no such legal powers

Send them a CCA request

And ignore their stupid time lines

And they can search your file as all DCA's can they have a CSL license

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Red,

Don't stress about the letter or their suggested deadline. Take time to consider your position and reply when you're ready - not before. They have no right to demand a response by a specific date.

Who is the letter from and what is said exactly (just the relevant parts).

If easier, post a copy but hide any identifiers.

No one can force you to pay any more than you can afford but they don't need your permission to do a credit search.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Oops, just read the title of your threads which says it's Cabot.

Follow DX's advice and send off a CCA request.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

no obligation to sign a cca request

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Hi, thanks for the help so far, I meant I was worried about them lifting a previous signature from a letter 3 or 4 yrs ago?

And here's the text, below, little prints courtesy of my 6 yr old.

cabot letter 5th nov 2016.jpg

that's what we call a cash cow letter

they've blindly kidded you in the past they could murder your budgie and get your kids put in a kennel

and you started paying them wihout ever questioning anything.

now you need to send them a CCA request

if you read it [the thread all of it]

you'll see that you DONT sign it anyway.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...