• Tweets

• Ah, my wretched opinion would that be the same opinion that won the referendum? confirmed in the Euro election and gave Boris an 80 seat majority to “get Brexit done”? and who will lead you forward to your rejoin utopia? Labour’s left? ohno ,they are quite happy we left The Lib Dims, lets have another referendum? that went well at the last General Election Twobit political chancers, e.g.  Sir Kier, or Genghis perhaps? or are you going to wait until wee Nicky takes over the UK (minus Margaret Ferrier MP, of course, who’s name I don’t see gets a dishonourable mention anywhere  on your other thread) sorry for the delay, plenty to do, horses and hounds to look after, pheasants to shoot etc etc ,we are very busy at the moment here in the countryside
    • Thanks BF  - you have pretty much summarised exactly what I have done so far   We are definitely not in a place to reject the car - it's otherwise very good and would much prefer just going down the rectify and sort out route.    While it was fresh, I raised this with the salesman last night and at around lunchtime today, confirmed with with Audi UK too about their policy (confirming what we already know) however they will intervene only if PA are being obstructive.   I have just had a phone call from their service department so while not a peep from the salesman, it does look like he has actioned it somewhat.  he initially started with the need to book the car in however once I updated him about the actual scenario (having purchased it + his own dept checks) concluded in him agreeing that the 3mm difference alone between two of the tyres is not acceptable. I also stated based on this statement and also the fact the manual and MPC state it should not be on driven on different brands/treads/patterns, I would not drive it back to the dealer (50+ miles away) to book it in given its potential dangerous state.   He has gone to the team to discuss and will call back - Seemed pretty understanding so lets see the results. I have the headoffice + the immediate audi brand director for the group to hand if we need to escalate    As always, thanks again for your help/advice
    • Credit card taken out sept 2000 defaulted and sold to Cabot. No admission to debt,I was contacted in 2016 nothing until now with MCOL.  I vi sent a Statute Barred letter and followed up with CPR31.14 request for the specified claim  namely  copy of original agreement from 2000 default notice Deed of assignment Statements/payments records done the AOS online am I getting it right ? Is there anything else?? Appreciate any advice  
    • Hi, I am a private seller and I sold a CD player on eBay. The item sold for £266.77 + £9.38 postage. I would usually send high value items by Royal mail Special delivery and incur the extra cost myself, just to make sure the buyer receives their parcel.   Unfortunately the CD player I sold came with it's original box so it was slightly too large to send by Special delivery. Therefore, I thought I would try what I believed to be eBays own shipping service, Packlink. I sent the item the same day by Packlink Hermes Nextday with insurance to the full value and also paid extra from the requirement of a signature. I have the receipt from Packlink but it doesn't mention the amount insured. I'm concerned that may be deliberate. To ship by Next day with full insurance and signature requirement doubled the shipping cost but I didn't mind incurring the extra cost as long as I was covered.   The parcel arrived at the Hermes national hub but then didn't move. I tried many times but Hermes wouldn't deal with me because I booked through Packlink. Ebay wouldn't help me in anyway so my only way to communicate was via live chat on Packlink.   I informed the advisor what had happened and explained that the parcel hadn't moved since the 15th October at 1.58am. The Packlink advisor told me they would submit a request to Hermes and get back to me. When Packlink did get back to me , all they did was confirm that my package was at the hub, as per what I told them. I told them that I wished to make a formal complaint but they just ignored me. They told me they would submit an inquiry with Hermes and get back to me when they had more info.   Several days later, after numerous unsuccessful attempts to contact Hermes directly. The tracking updated on eBay, stating "There's an issue with the delivery." and "Enquiry Resolved". I contacted Packlink again to let them know and they told me they would submit a formal investigation.   The following day I received an email from packlink apologising for the delay in their response and that they had received the following response from Hermes..   Please find the carrier's latest update as follows: "I’ve tracked the journey of your parcel and unfortunately parcel is still currently at our Hub. I am truly sorry for the inconvenienced this has caused and please allow extra time for the parcel to arrive to our depot from the Hub. We will immediately process the parcel for delivery once this has been received."   I felt a little more relieved as it seemed like Hermes still had my parcel so I replied thanking Packlink for updating me.   A little later I decided to have a look at the tracking. It still said there was a problem with my delivery but this time it said "Claim code issued". I emailed Packlink to let them know that information conflicted with what they had told me but I have so far received no reply.   I am very concerned after reading all the reviews and horrors stories about these companies online. I have kept the money on Paypal but I haven't heard anything from the buyer yet. I thought it best to let the buyer get in touch wit me first, just in case the parcel had been delivered but not updated on the tracking. I know that if I was the buyer, I would of been in touch straight away, but a week later, I have still heard nothing.   I have read on other posts that I can't take Packlink to the county court with them being based in Spain, and Hermes are just ignoring me. I don't know what to do next and I don't know where to find a document that shows my full insurance for the item. I only have the receipt from Packlink which shows I paid for insurance and I have the eBay sales receipt.   Please can anyone help?   Many Thanks.
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

2 LLoyds defaults - can i get them removed from credit file?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1409 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have 2 defaults on my account (by from Lloyds). I've paid off the debt on both completely about 6 months ago.

I know that paying the debt doesn't remove the default notice on credit file.

Obviously,

I'd like to get rid of the default notices on my credit file ASAP,

as they're causing me issues in a joint mortgage application with my partner.

We're having to just do it in her name now, which is frustrating as means we can't count my income towards it.

I've read lots of accounts of people removing defaults.

Can you give me some idea about removing the defaults and my best course of action to get this sorted ASAP.

Some details:

- I'm sure they've listed the default dates wrong.

Bringing them forwards, which is obviously detrimental to me as well.

At the very least, they should be back-dated to the date when the default actually took place.

But ideally, I'd like them expunged.

- the debts are both paid off.

- debts were sold on to other organisations (other than Lloyds).

So to summarise:

can you give advice on default notice removal, please?

Any links to resources would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Hi

Any defaults legitimately placed are unlikely to be removed until they drop off. If a date on your credit file is different from the original default date then you can complain and have the original date put in its place.

With any debt paid off in full, the account should show 'settled' however if it was a short settlement, your file would show 'partially settled'

It doesn't matter who the debt was with. As he debt was sold to a DCA, the rights and responsibilities were also transferred across so they have the right to mark your credit file.

Some debt collectors would remove defaults but only as part of any negotiations and certainly not after a debt has been paid off as they would have no reason to do so.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

not much chance of negotiating the removal of any negative markers once already paid. unless, as said, they are factually incorrect.

as said, a new owner cannot bring forward/extend a default date. they can only put their name on it.

IMO

:-):rant:

why do you think they might have been wrong?

they should be placed around the tHIRD missed payment?

what type of accounts are these against?

were any default charges included in the figure quoted on the DN 's when they were issued?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Type of accounts: one is a loan, the other a credit card. I was stuck in the cycle of using a loan to pay off a credit card after being made unemployed years ago!

I know it'll be tough, but I'll keep on fighting it to get them removed. I'm annoyed that 6 years is such an arbitrary figure. Why not 2 years, 3 years or 4 years!? I'd be fine then.

I know we all have to pay for our mistakes in some form, but I do find it infuriating that they put a 6 year sentence on this kind of thing. You're punished for years after living through a really tough time (being made redundant, struggling financially, etc).

2 years seems like a fair punishment for this kind of thing, but to stop me being on a JOINT mortgage application when I'm now running a very successful business and financially very well off, I think that's really wrong.

so when were the defaults placed?

and when would have been your 3rd missed or short payment on each?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

As a follow up to this,

I'm posting the letters I received from Lloyds after doing the Section 78 request I was advised to do.

What do you make of the wording of these?

It seems really dodgy to me - like they know they don't have a leg to stand on and they're just trying to brush it under the carpet.

Any advice? Next steps?

bank2.jpg

bank3.jpg

bank1.jpg

cant see where you were advised to do a CCA request?

and anyway that's irrelevant to your 'cause'

so back to what we needed you to do

which is in post 6.

incidentally what they are saying is correct

but as you've paid the accounts off a CCA request was pretty pointless which is why we didn't advise doing it

and they

I looked through other threads with the same situation and all were advised to do the Section 78 request.

I followed that.

It was a template that I got from CAG which tells the lender that I didn't receive a notification of a default being put on the account.

I don't see anything that I 'needed to do' in post 6.

I'm unaware of when the default occurred

. The dates on my credit file are certainly not when it would have occurred (they're much later).

For clarities sake, here's the template I mentioned (obviously, I amended for my details):

[Template removed - what does it say about NOT posting our templates in the open forum??? So something else you didn't read properly - DX]

I doubt there is a thread here that's says to get a default removed you need to send a CCA request as that's pointless

Have you all the statements to prove when the defaults should have been placed then?

and they

Urm.. So as post 6 then,........

and they

you were indicating that your had missed payments before that date so thus the defaults were recorded late?

so have you any evidenced in the statements that you had missed several payments earlier than the defaulted date...that's what you came here querying..so can you prove it....

and they

you were indicating that your had missed payments before that date so thus the defaults were recorded late?

so have you any evidenced in the statements that you had missed several payments earlier than the defaulted date...that's what you came here querying..so can you prove it....

Yes, I can prove it.

But what I came here to query was how can I get the defaults removed.

Do the answers to those questions actually get me any closer to having the defaults removed from my account?

removed no that's almost impossible as they'll be a true reflection of how the accounts were operated

however you could get them moved to an earlier date with proof of earlier missed payments

and they

I think what people are saying is that if you did default then it is all but impossible to get them removed before the 6 years are up. Having said that if the dates have been entered unduly late then they should be willing to correct them - the ICO Principles for the Reporting of Arrears, Arrangements and Defaults at Credit Reference Agencies say 6 months worth of missed payments - or at least they did last time I checked.

Any default should be placed on file at the earliest, after 3 missed monthly payments and at the latest by 6 months missed payments.

You are looking for at least 3 months missed oayments to attempt having the dates corrected.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol: