• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

2 LLoyds defaults - can i get them removed from credit file?

armitage188
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have 2 defaults on my account (by from Lloyds). I've paid off the debt on both completely about 6 months ago.

I know that paying the debt doesn't remove the default notice on credit file.

Obviously,

I'd like to get rid of the default notices on my credit file ASAP,

as they're causing me issues in a joint mortgage application with my partner.

We're having to just do it in her name now, which is frustrating as means we can't count my income towards it.

I've read lots of accounts of people removing defaults.

Can you give me some idea about removing the defaults and my best course of action to get this sorted ASAP.

Some details:

- I'm sure they've listed the default dates wrong.

Bringing them forwards, which is obviously detrimental to me as well.

At the very least, they should be back-dated to the date when the default actually took place.

But ideally, I'd like them expunged.

- the debts are both paid off.

- debts were sold on to other organisations (other than Lloyds).

So to summarise:

can you give advice on default notice removal, please?

Any links to resources would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Hi

Any defaults legitimately placed are unlikely to be removed until they drop off. If a date on your credit file is different from the original default date then you can complain and have the original date put in its place.

With any debt paid off in full, the account should show 'settled' however if it was a short settlement, your file would show 'partially settled'

It doesn't matter who the debt was with. As he debt was sold to a DCA, the rights and responsibilities were also transferred across so they have the right to mark your credit file.

Some debt collectors would remove defaults but only as part of any negotiations and certainly not after a debt has been paid off as they would have no reason to do so.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

not much chance of negotiating the removal of any negative markers once already paid. unless, as said, they are factually incorrect.

as said, a new owner cannot bring forward/extend a default date. they can only put their name on it.

why do you think they might have been wrong?

they should be placed around the tHIRD missed payment?

what type of accounts are these against?

were any default charges included in the figure quoted on the DN 's when they were issued?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Type of accounts: one is a loan, the other a credit card. I was stuck in the cycle of using a loan to pay off a credit card after being made unemployed years ago!

I know it'll be tough, but I'll keep on fighting it to get them removed. I'm annoyed that 6 years is such an arbitrary figure. Why not 2 years, 3 years or 4 years!? I'd be fine then.

I know we all have to pay for our mistakes in some form, but I do find it infuriating that they put a 6 year sentence on this kind of thing. You're punished for years after living through a really tough time (being made redundant, struggling financially, etc).

2 years seems like a fair punishment for this kind of thing, but to stop me being on a JOINT mortgage application when I'm now running a very successful business and financially very well off, I think that's really wrong.

so when were the defaults placed?

and when would have been your 3rd missed or short payment on each?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

As a follow up to this,

I'm posting the letters I received from Lloyds after doing the Section 78 request I was advised to do.

What do you make of the wording of these?

It seems really dodgy to me - like they know they don't have a leg to stand on and they're just trying to brush it under the carpet.

Any advice? Next steps?

bank2.jpg

bank3.jpg

bank1.jpg

cant see where you were advised to do a CCA request?

and anyway that's irrelevant to your 'cause'

so back to what we needed you to do

which is in post 6.

incidentally what they are saying is correct

but as you've paid the accounts off a CCA request was pretty pointless which is why we didn't advise doing it

and they

I looked through other threads with the same situation and all were advised to do the Section 78 request.

I followed that.

It was a template that I got from CAG which tells the lender that I didn't receive a notification of a default being put on the account.

I don't see anything that I 'needed to do' in post 6.

I'm unaware of when the default occurred

. The dates on my credit file are certainly not when it would have occurred (they're much later).

For clarities sake, here's the template I mentioned (obviously, I amended for my details):

[Template removed - what does it say about NOT posting our templates in the open forum??? So something else you didn't read properly - DX]

I doubt there is a thread here that's says to get a default removed you need to send a CCA request as that's pointless

Have you all the statements to prove when the defaults should have been placed then?

and they

Urm.. So as post 6 then,........

and they

you were indicating that your had missed payments before that date so thus the defaults were recorded late?

so have you any evidenced in the statements that you had missed several payments earlier than the defaulted date...that's what you came here querying..so can you prove it....

and they

you were indicating that your had missed payments before that date so thus the defaults were recorded late?

so have you any evidenced in the statements that you had missed several payments earlier than the defaulted date...that's what you came here querying..so can you prove it....

Yes, I can prove it.

But what I came here to query was how can I get the defaults removed.

Do the answers to those questions actually get me any closer to having the defaults removed from my account?

removed no that's almost impossible as they'll be a true reflection of how the accounts were operated

however you could get them moved to an earlier date with proof of earlier missed payments

and they

I think what people are saying is that if you did default then it is all but impossible to get them removed before the 6 years are up. Having said that if the dates have been entered unduly late then they should be willing to correct them - the ICO Principles for the Reporting of Arrears, Arrangements and Defaults at Credit Reference Agencies say 6 months worth of missed payments - or at least they did last time I checked.

Any default should be placed on file at the earliest, after 3 missed monthly payments and at the latest by 6 months missed payments.

You are looking for at least 3 months missed oayments to attempt having the dates corrected.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.