style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2659 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All,

Hello. My disclosure is due today in my discrimination case. I am self-representing.I have done a word document with heading(claim information) and then I did a list of the documents just numbered 1-20. Can you please advise if this is sufficient or I need to do something more sophisticated (like the lawyers would)?

Does anyone have a template perhaps?

Thank you.

Alesha

Hello Alesha, welcome to CAG.

If your disclosure is due today, it's quite short notice for us, I don't know who will be around this evening. I don't think we have a template because every case is different.

Hopefully the forum regulars will see your thread and reply to you this evening. I'll also flag your thread for the site team in case anyone can help.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi HB,

Many thanks for your reply. Yes, sorry about that; it was due today but the respondent(my employer)had applied to suspend all orders pending the PH in December. I didn't object.However, the ET didn't come back either way and I've decided to obey the order although my employer's lawyers say we shouldn't comply because I did not object.I spoke to 2 ladies at the ET office who advised the judge was still working on the orders and told me to go ahead and submit the list of documents. Hence the late request.

Alesha

What you have done sounds perfectly OK for the purpose - just make sure that you are specific in what you ask for, especially when it comes to emails and so on as they may fail to disclose something important if it 'can't' be found by a simple search or where it looks like you are expecting them to trawl 'everything' in the hope of uncovering a smoking gun email

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hi Sidewinder

Thank you for your reply.Ooops I might included a couple of things I shouldn't have then. But never mind, I'm a layperson so that shouldn't be too bad.

Thanks again and I'll be back for more assistance.:-):oops:

Alesha

Dear All,

I have a claim for disability/indirect sex discrimination against my employer. My employer first disagreed then agreed that my condition is a disability. The judge ordered at the Case Management stage that I should write an impact statement for my employer. I have drafted it but just need help/advice/guidance on what should go in, how to phrase it etc.Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello there, thank you for posting that up. I hope people with more knowledge than me will be able to comment.

It looks as if you have the name of an employer in the attachment. If you're still working for them, I would take that out.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello there, thank you for posting that up. I hope people with more knowledge than me will be able to comment.

It looks as if you have the name of an employer in the attachment. If you're still working for them, I would take that out.

HB

Oh gosh yes how did I miss that?! I'm at work now and don't really want to log in to take that out. I'll do that as soon as I get a private connection unless an administrator can please assist? Thanks HB for letting me know x

It would appear that your disability is covered by the Equality Act 2010. Ive just issued a claim under the Act, although, I've the backing of Unite the Union and a solicitor has issued the pleadings on my behalf.

Ive read a lot of case law on the subject in the last few months. What does your case involve exactly?

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Hi and thanks for your reply... Well, it's complicated but to cut a long story short, I was issued a written warning for a combination of dependants, sick leave and latenesses. I had relocated and experienced a marriage break-down so was really struggling.I appealed the warning but it was upheld.I raised a grievance mostly on the basis that dependants leave was protected to a large extent under the law.My employer then came back and said oh, we didn't discipline you for dependants leave and even if you take out the dependants leave, you would still get the warning:???:. So I appealed the grievance and stated they can't say this after the fact and if they are saying that only my 4 absences and latenesses (caused by relocation and single parenthood) was used to issue the warning, then I'd suffered indirect sex and disability discrimination.My 4 absences are made up of periods of illnesses easily attributable to my illness, they knw I had this illness and they had not sent me to OH.Also, the 4th absence was caused by time taken off for bullying at another branch.They didn't engage with ACAS and after I spoke to CAB,ACAS,EASS and indenpendent research, I believe I had a reasonable claim and went to the ET.At the PH, my employer agreed I had a disability but they disagreed as to how it affected my 'day-to-day activities' so the judge asked me to write the Impact statement.

I am just looking for a bit of advice as to whether what I have put together is okay or if I should add/edit. Thank you so much for your other input and it assists a lot.

Hi and thanks for your reply... Well, it's complicated but to cut a long story short, I was issued a written warning for a combination of dependants, sick leave and latenesses. I had relocated and experienced a marriage break-down so was really struggling.I appealed the warning but it was upheld.I raised a grievance mostly on the basis that dependants leave was protected to a large extent under the law.My employer then came back and said oh, we didn't discipline you for dependants leave and even if you take out the dependants leave, you would still get the warning:???:. So I appealed the grievance and stated they can't say this after the fact and if they are saying that only my 4 absences and latenesses (caused by relocation and single parenthood) was used to issue the warning, then I'd suffered indirect sex and disability discrimination.My 4 absences are made up of periods of illnesses easily attributable to my illness, they knw I had this illness and they had not sent me to OH.Also, the 4th absence was caused by time taken off for bullying at another branch.They didn't engage with ACAS and after I spoke to CAB,ACAS,EASS and indenpendent research, I believe I had a reasonable claim and went to the ET.At the PH, my employer agreed I had a disability but they disagreed as to how it affected my 'day-to-day activities' so the judge asked me to write the Impact statement.

I am just looking for a bit of advice as to whether what I have put together is okay or if I should add/edit. Thank you so much for your other input and it assists a lot.

looks ok to me.

Winston Churchill

@paulwlton,

Many thanks for that. Good luck with your case and I'll be keeping in touch if you don't mind for more help and advice:-):oops:. Have a great evening.

P.S When is your hearing?

I think the hearing will be towards the end February. My claim was submitted at the beginning of November for - unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal, disability discrimination, discrimination against a Union rep, breach of contract and unlawful deduction of wages in respect of holiday pay and notice pay.

Ill help as much as I can as I've issued a few court cases as a litigant in person and appreciate the work involved.

Paul

Winston Churchill

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the late reply... been a bit under the weather. Ah I see.. Mine is in March. Really appreciate you helping. I've taken a rogue trader and estate management firm to Small Claims in the past myself but that's about it! I'm trying to complete my statement of loss now. I am still with the company so I think I only have about 2 segments to complete. I believe there was a breach of the ACAS Code by my employer but not sure what percentage to enter. Might just put down the whole 25% and let the ET decide.

Alesha

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

Trust you're well.:-)

My PH is on the 16th Dec and I'll just like to ask you some questions please. Firstly, my employer's lawyers sent the joint bundle for the preliminary hearing. In the bundle, there are none of my letters to my employers which I sent during the disciplinary process i.e. appeal and grievance. Is this normal? The hearing is basically to establish whether I'm disabled (which you kindly advised that I am previously and I looked up the guidance as well) and also whether I am to pay a deposit because the judge 'is not sure of the prospects' etc which I find ridiculous but of course I will, it's my case, lol. I don't know what is required to be in the bundle at this point and any advice you can give will be greatly appreciated.

I hope things are going well at your end.

Hi Paul,

Trust you're well.:-)

My PH is on the 16th Dec and I'll just like to ask you some questions please. Firstly, my employer's lawyers sent the joint bundle for the preliminary hearing. In the bundle, there are none of my letters to my employers which I sent during the disciplinary process i.e. appeal and grievance. Is this normal? The hearing is basically to establish whether I'm disabled (which you kindly advised that I am previously and I looked up the guidance as well) and also whether I am to pay a deposit because the judge 'is not sure of the prospects' etc which I find ridiculous but of course I will, it's my case, lol. I don't know what is required to be in the bundle at this point and any advice you can give will be greatly appreciated.

I hope things are going well at your end.

Unfortunately I'm unable to assist you on the bundle issue and its not advice I've given its just my opinion.

I think the written statement you've provided gives the judge an accurate version of your disability and I'm not sure theres much else you can do. Have you submitted a medical opinion?

Winston Churchill

Hi Paul,

Lol, yes sorry, it's an opinion and not advice. I understand that we all have to be careful. I am expecting a letter from my consultant haematologist....

I'll go to CAB tomorrow as well and hopefully pick up more tidbits to help.

Thank you for you prompt reply and I appreciate your time.

Alesha.