Do I have to allow Foxtons to do viewings in my flat whenever they like whether I can be present or not?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2714 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just given Foxtons my 2 months notice to end my assured shorthold tenancy.

Foxtons have phoned me numerous times telling me they will be doing viewings in 2-4 hour slots across the days & that I dont have a choice to be there nor the right to find mutually convenient times enabling me to be present.

I have said I am happy for viewings to be arranged at a mutually convenient times when I can be present in evenings & weekends. I have said that I wish to be present for viewings. Foxtons are being very aggresisve & bullying telling me I don't have the right to restrict their viewings to when I can be present & that I have to do as they say - I have to allow them to conduct viewings as much as they like when I am not able to be present.

Foxtons are intimidating me telling me I have to do it their way or things will get very difficult for me.

Where do I stand? I understood a tenant has the right to be present at viewings and they should be arranged with the tenant at a time to suit the tenant too.

Any help much appreciated.

I would record every conversation or demand that they put what they state in writing.

This is not advice and I know nothing in this area but, I agree with you. Bloomin estate agents, they are parasites imo.

PS: Welcome to CAG Victoria, one of the experts will be along shortly so hang tight.

Thank you for the warm welcome Warren. Great to hear back from you! I think that is a good idea - ask them to put what they say on the phone in writing. I have just looked into how to record phone calls on an ihpone too.

This is my first time on CAG and it seems such a great community so far

We need to know what your AST says about allowing viewings.

At the very least I would say they should give you min 24hr Notice of any viewing not pre-arranged.

Please copy & paste http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?118080-Questions-for-new-posters and remove name of LA from your OP.

I presume that you want to forshorten the agreed tenancy period without having to pay until the end. If so then you will have to put up with a lot of things or they may as well just make you pay the full amount and do nothing until the tenancy expires. varying a contract requires negotiaton on both sides