BankFodder BankFodder

Jonhn

Advice on Statute Barred Debt Please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1301 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have a debt which is over six years old, last time I made a payment on this account via a debt management company is on 01/10/2010. I can prove this by my previous bank statements.

When I stopped making the payment to the debt management company on the above date.

I just wan to know, Even if I stop paying the debt management company, if they have continued paying for the creditors for few months more (eg until 01/02/2011); will this count as a payment towards the debt?

and then the debt would be statute barred after 01/02/2011. Instead of the day I last made the payment to the debt management company 01/10/2010.

Can I still be able to defend my self on a ccj claim because I wasn’t liable for the payment made by the debt management company to the creditor on behalf of me?

I just want to cover all the basis before I go on the statute barred route your advise on this matter would be highly appreciated

Depends on whether you instructed the DMC to stop paying your debts after that 1/10/2010 payment. If you did not , then the DMC would have passed on payment as per your previous instruction and the SB date would run from when they last paid the creditor on your behalf.

Have you received a court claim ?

Have you asked the DMC when they last paid creditors ?

A DMC is acting as your instructed agent, until you formally end the arrangement. Just stopping payment does lead to automatic cancellation from the last payment.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I did not end the agreement formally with them,

to be honest I cant remember it is well over six years a go.

What do you think would be the best thing to do now?

Can I claim this debt as statury barred?

even if the creditors comeback and say I have made payments and debt is not statute barred.

Because I last made the payment to the DPM on the 01/10/2010 cant I say I diddnt acknowldge the company to pay after I have cancelled the agreement?

please let me know

Why are you bothered by this

Is someone chasing the debt?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Why are you bothered by this

Is someone chasing the debt?

Yes the creditors chasing me for the debt and I am worried if they might presure court action against me

So what's the debt

And who's chasing

store card loan Robinson way is chasing me on this

Name names loan or store card??

Full history please

your bank statements are the proof,

no-one can pay a debt on your behalf without your permission and have it treated as a payment by you.

I doubt if Robbers are the creditors so you will have time to run the clock down a bit more anyway.

You can delay things if they you think they are likely to go down that route by asking for copy of CCA, statements of account, proof of assignment (if claimed they or other party own debt) etc.

They will find it very difficult to initiate civil action without doing all of this.

As above though, more detail will tailor advice.