Employer Stalking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2719 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently had 2 days off work sick (unpaid) I had a doctor’s appointment on one of the mornings …after the doctor’s appointment I went to cut the grass on the front yard however whilst cutting the grass my line manager drove past my home I presume to check up on me ……can they do this ? Can I do anything? as I believe it is classed as stalking / harassment ……..may I add I have previous good attendance at work

Guest topcat14

Not sure that is harassment !

You are PRESUMING, but there may be a legitimate reason for the line manager being along your road ?

It may be the employer checking up, or it may be purely coincidental - problem is that there is nothing you can do to prove either way

IF the employer was checking up then providing they aren't doing it constantly, or parking opposite your house with binoculars there is little that you can do. I presume that the street outside your house is a public road?

It might feel obtrusive, but is on the evidence so far, a long way from harrassment

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

it would have been a 24 mile trip out of his way .......and he would have been driving in "works" time no need for him to be anywhere near where i live ..........i have confronted him and said was he stalking me , it was like pouring petrol on a bonfire

If you have an unemployed identical twin who lives with you, he was cutting the grass while you we're in bed ill.

Photoshop does wonderful things

Getting caught in that lie ("identical twin" ; prove it) would only 'add fuel to the fire'.

I think you may be missing the point.

What kind of work do you do that is more taxing than grass cutting?

It sounds like you were not ill.

Your employer thought you didn't sound ill, clearly.

And it looks like you were not ill.

Any comments on your actual illness rather than trying to find a technicality?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Agree with Emmzi - if you were off sick with stress then there would be nothing wrong with cutting the grass, however calling sick with a bad back and being unable to move could see any employer suspicion and checking up being justified

Definitely not a good move to confront the boss with it though.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Sounds like a bad working relationship. Unpaid sick leave and a boss willing to take a 24 mile drive to check up on an employee, because their sickness was not believed.

If there is a history of sickness absence and inability of the company to function properly due to this, then i could understand why a boss would do this. If the sickness reason given would not have allowed cutting the grass, then i could see this going down the standard disciplinary process, where the company would review the situation.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No, but if the op has got an identical twin it would be difficult to prove who was cutting the grass...

Right. Incidence of 33.3 per 1000 live births.

First step then would be to check that they are in the 1 in 30 who have an identical twin, rather than the 29 in 30 who don't!.

29 to 1 : not great odds.

Right. Incidence of 33.3 per 1000 live births.

First step then would be to check that they are in the 1 in 30 who have an identical twin, rather than the 29 in 30 who don't!.

29 to 1 : not great odds.

You never know, you could be blessed with an identical twin like me 😉

You never know, you could be blessed with an identical twin like me 😉

29 to 1 (births)

1 in 30 live births.

Doesn't mean it doesn't happen, just that you'd want to check it is true before suggesting the OP rely on it!