Nuffield/C.A.R.S

Theverdictis
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2692 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've seen a few older posts from 2012 relating to these two companies.

I'll fill you in on the back story.

I went through the motions of my 1 year gym membership which ended in September 2016

I called on the 1st September to end my contact, (year ended) thought it had been cancelled

only to find that it haven't been,

called again on the 7th sept to be told that my contact would run till the end of October.

I complained till I was blue in the face but nothing was to be done as there was no paper trail.

I again cancelled my contract with dates and my direct debit and was told that my contract would now end.

a few weeks later I received a notice from the gym stating that I owned them 102 pounds.

I questioned this amount and was told I actually only owed £51.

I paid over the phone and asked for a receipt to be sent to me via email which clearly states that the debt was paid and no more direct debits etc were needed and my contract would end at the end of Octonber.

This was sent to me and I took down the staff members name.

Two weeks later I received another letter stating that I still owned the gym £102

but it clearly stated that if I had sorted this matter (which I had) I should let the matter rest, so I did.

Yesterday I received a letter from cars stating that I owed Nuffield £102.

I called them up and politely told them how incompetent the gym were and that I had already settled this matter.

I sent them the email receipt that Nuffield had sent to me and gave the names of the staff members who had cancelled my account. After speaking with the rep from CARS who stated that they would not effect my credit rating, but if they passed the matter unresolved back to Nuffield, they could give me a bad credit score?

Is this true?

If Nuffield persist that I owe them another £102 (when I actually don't)

my credit history could be effected because of them being incompetent?

If this were to happen how easy is it to fix my credit score?

I don't wish to pay for something I don't owe,

especially when I have written bin black and white that the debt has been cancelled?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Ben

Welcome to CAG Theverdictis

Stop worrying.. CARS area DCA with no rights and tbh you can nip this in the bud.

Yes your are not getting listened to at the moment and CARS will just abuse you until they get paid.

Drop [email protected] an email. They will settle this.

Can i ask though do you have WRITTEN proof of cancelling your gym membership?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

you seem to believe anything that you are told on the phone so the answer is GET OFF THE PHONE.

they more than likely owe you money but back to business...

They cannot affect your credit as CARS are just rentamouths and you should cease all communication with them.

If Nuffield write or call again explain that you require a full breakdown of your account with them for the past 18months and a copy of the T&C's as they appear to be different to the ones you signed up to.

Demand that they only correspond in writing

please never ever phone a DCA on any debts

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

go get that money you paid back by chargeback.

when you first cancelled

all you should have owed was the one month following cancellation [30 days notice]

and not anything else nor any admin charges

they are UNLAWFUL.

Gym debts cannot appear on your credit file

you got mugged!!

moved to the gym forum.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi TV,

We need some simple details to see if you've under or over-paid :-

1. Date you joined the gym.

2. Was it a 12 month agreement.

3. Date your DD was normally paid each month.

4. Monthly gym fee.

5. You say above that you have an email confirming that you've paid the gym all that you owe - what exactly does this email say.

Stay OFF the phone from now on and see the Guide here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?452671-Cancelling-your-Gym-Agreement-Get-it-right-!(1-Viewing)-nbsp

This will NOT affect your credit rating in 99.99% of cases based on our dealings with the likes of CARS and Harlands over the last 5+ years.

Answer the Q's in number order and we'll help further.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi TV,

We need some simple details to see if you've under or over-paid :-

1. Date you joined the gym.

2. Was it a 12 month agreement.

3. Date your DD was normally paid each month.

4. Monthly gym fee.

5. You say above that you have an email confirming that you've paid the gym all that you owe - what exactly does this email say.

Stay OFF the phone from now.

This will NOT affect your credit rating in 99.99% of cases based on our dealings with the likes of CARS and Harlands over the last 5+ years.

Answer the Q's in number order and we'll help further.

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. Yes let me clear this up as I think there is some confusion. I just over a year ago. My contract ended on Sept 30th I.e. My official year was up. The actual date my contract ended was October 31st, so I have no written agreement with the Nuffield gym any longer.

The £51 I paid was for my last months membership. So I don't owe nor have I overpaid Nuffield, nobody owes anyone any more money. Nuffield seem to think I owe them another £51. I did pay for my partner to access the gym as well, but the reception informed me that I did not owe this fee just the £51 to end the contract, as I was out of me 12 month agreement. The usual date the direct debit was taken was around the 4th of the month,

The email clearly states that I have fully paid my account, they are sad to see me leave (yeah right) and that they will require no more direct debits from me. They also state that I was free to use the gym up until October 31st, which I did not.

When I called c.a.r.s the guy I spoke to (dean) informed me that c.a.r.s personally would not effect my credit rating, but that if this matter was unresolved and passed back to Nuffield that they (Nuffield) could effect my credit rating? I am unsure of how they would be able to do this?

I am now thinking that I may actually owe for my partners subscription and that a clinical error on Nuffields part meant that I only ended up paying for my cancelation? Even though they seem to think I owe the more money.

Hopefully this makes it clear?

So how much was the gym a month £51!!!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi TV,

You may have overpaid because the date you originally cancelled by phone should have applied. When you complained till you were "blue in the face", you could have stuck to your guns and refused to pay any more. Probably they'd have done nothing.

In any event, if you're happy with how it stands, that's fine.

Gym agreements are not reported by the CRA's. This was stopped by a High Court ruling against AMSL in 2011. See here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?320766-Ashbourne-Management-Services-Ltd-Contracts-longer-than-12-months

Never deal with the gym or CARS by phone and keep everything in writing only.

If you need any help on YW's m/ship, provide info here and we'll help if you want.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks slick,

The gym stated that they would need the payment for that last month after I had rang up. I suppose if this happens again I won't pay or contact anyone, but it's a lesson learnt if I don't hear anything from them or c.a.r.s. They have said they'll email me in 10 days.

What do I do if c.a.r.s. Close my account and Nuffield still state I owe them money? E.g. Can they get bailiffs involved? If they do I can't ignore them?

Ben

Hi TV,

Let's not guess what happens - if Nuffield or CARS come back saying you owe more, post back here and we'll look into it as necessary.

As for "Next Time", see the guide here about cancelling properly - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?452671-Cancelling-your-Gym-Agreement-Get-it-right-!(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Bailiffs will simply NEVER get involved with a gym case. Read other threads here and you will see how gyms or their admin companies threaten an awful lot, but do NOTHING !!

We're here if and when you need advice.

you've been watching to many bailiff progs on TV

no way any bailiff can ever get involved

and they

you've been watching to many bailiff progs on TV

no way any bailiff can ever get involved

Hi,

I've never watched any bailiff programmes, but as a child found out first hand the misery bailiff companies can cause.

Thanks

Ben

Hi TV,

Let's not guess what happens - if Nuffield or CARS come back saying you owe more, post back here and we'll look into it as necessary.

As for "Next Time", see the guide here about cancelling properly -

Bailiffs will simply NEVER get involved with a gym case. Read other threads here and you will see how gyms or their admin companies threaten an awful lot, but do NOTHING !!

We're here if and when you need advice.

Thanks for the link. Really useful.

Ben