Habitual Residency Test

Roodgewoon68
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2684 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been summoned to attend a Habitual Residency Test (HRT) at the job centre in relation to Universal Credit. I argued with them that I do not have to attend since I am a EU citizen (Dutch) and self employed in the UK.

I found the following online

Persons with specific rights to reside C1280 Persons who are determined to have certain specific rights to reside are not subject to the requirement that they be habitually resident in the CTA. These persons are

1. EEA nationals who are “qualified persons” for the purposes of specific legislation1 as workers or a self-employed persons

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/562423/admc1.pdf

I sent this to the job centre and they still insist I should attend for the HRT.

I know they're wrong, but they insist I attend...

I don't deal with Universal Credit anymore but know that they expanded the types of claims and more offices have rolled out fully now.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/before-you-apply/eligibility-non-british-citizen/

This is all I can find, as you are claiming an Income Based benefit which is Universal Credit either for help with your housing costs or a top up of your earnings you will still need to satisfy the conditions of entitlement if you want to continue with the application.

The purpose of the test is to determine whether you can be treated as having RTR (probably) and HabRes. Even if you are correct, it will be a lot less hassle just to attend than to argue this toss.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.