BankFodder BankFodder

vagabond61

Restons / Cabot claim SB defence : Now stayed

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1299 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys, I have been following similar threads on this forum and have found much useful information regarding defending a claim from Restons and Cabot Financial vs myself

I had an old CC account which is most definitely Statute bared and used this as my defence when Restons entered a claim via Northampton County Court Business Centre. (Although they claim that I had made 2 x payments of £3.15 both on the same day in April 2013) !!! A typical Restons stunt from reading similar threads!..

It has now passed the 28 day stage since they were informed of my SB defence and I have phoned the courts to confirm that the claim is now stayed which it is.

Obviously I would like to put this matter to bed at the earliest opportunity. My question is.. Do I just leave it as is with the prospect of Restons dragging it back up in the future or do I apply to have the case struck out with form N244 and pay the £100 fee.

Your help on this matter would be much appreciated.

Well if you do make an application for a strikeout and you succeed, then I would have thought that you should ask for your costs of the application and they will be granted to you without any problem.

However, I would suggest that you wait for a while – the longer the better.

If you asked for a strikeout now, then it might energise the other side into some kind of reaction or challenge. Unless you have a physically good reason, I would let it go on until it's very clear that the whole thing is stale. Then ask for a strikeout. You should then find that the strikeout will be given with the minimum of fuss.

Leave be IMHO

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

if they think they have a chance they might well apply to lift with app'n for judgment. a ploy seemingly being used, ie let it stay, then lift, with costs.

but, if def barred then they shldn't have a chance.

IMO

:-):rant: