BankFodder BankFodder

theboycarra

VCS ANPR PCN - No Stopping Liverpool Airport

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1299 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All,

My mother in law was at Liverpool Airport last week and made the mistake of stopping on the road that leads to the roundabout heading into the airport.

This week she received a 'Parking Charge' through the mail.

What is the best way to fight this?

I understand that ignoring is no longer an option.

But at the same time, I don't want to write the wrong thing on any appeal.

By the way, she is the registered keeper of the car as well as the driver.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Many thanks all.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

there are hundreds of threads about JLA, read some.

VCS are hell-bent on losing money by fighting an unwinnable fight here so whatever you say will be ignored by them.

However, when MiL responds she does so in the third person so

she says things like "the driver didnt form a contract with VCS as the land is covered by Byelaws which were not broken" and

never ever say who was driving at the time as VCS do not comply with the POFA so cannot create a keeper liability and the only way they can get anyone to be liable is for them to ay they were driving at the time.

VCS lose in court for claims from here as signage is prohibitive and the idea that Elliot v Loake is applicable is also rubbished by a judge.

You need to do your homework before a letter is sent, run it past us. the 2 examples I used will do as an appeal, no need to use all of your ammunition up at this stage.

Hi,

Agree totally with EB. As the airport roads are private land they have bylaws controlled by the airport however, I have seen (somewhere) where the airport doesn't bother with that bylaw. This doesn't mean the bylaw has no effect as it is still in force so any claim by VCS (or Excel-the sister company) must fail.

VCS won't see it that way. They are out to make money, pure and simple and will ignore anything they don't agree with. Whatever you say in the appeal will make no difference to them. The signs around the site state 'No Stopping' but the other signs placed at the side of the road contain the main terms and conditions which means for you (read that as MiL) must stop! Catch 22 eh!

As the main sign (NO Stopping) is prohibitive and not contractual, VCS cannot claim breach of contract. The landowner could claim trespass but they won't bother.

I bet if a car broke down on those roads they would still issue and ignore the facts upon appeal.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE